Abit KT7-HPT BIOS- Version Question

M

MeanGene

I noticed that the HPT BIOS was the newer version in some of the pre KT7 64 BIOS updates. Does anyone know why they went back to an earlier version of the HPT BIOS?

Beta bios for KT7/KT7-RAID/KT7A/KT7A-RAID/KT7E

!!! For Evaluation Only !!!

0. Based on beta BIOS KT7_3R.B01
1. Update BIOS code.
2. Enhance ISA PnP compatibility.
3. Enhance SCSI adapters compatibility.
4. Add 1400(133) Athlon support for KT7A/KT7A-RAID.
~snip

7. Change HPT BIOS to 1.20.0612 for KT7-RAID/KT7A-RAID. This BIOS version is also for non RAID boards and HPT BIOS will be
automatically disabled while RAID controller chip not detected.

I have the KT7-Raid too. This is the first time i've seen anything past the HPT 370 RAID BIOS version 1.11.0402. Where did you get the beta copy? could you supply a link for me? I'd like to look at the source.

I've been waiting for abit to catch up to highpoint with their flash utility. The newest abit has is the version i have listed above. Highpoint's "XP compatible" bios and drivers is version 2.0.0919.

The links I'm referring to, respectively:

http://www.abit-usa.com/

http://www.highpoint-tech.com/hpt370.htm

The beta copy you're showing is still 1 version behind Highpoint, and is probably the reason it's never been posted as official because it's not the "XP" version, but that's a guess.

Oh, one thing to remember with highpoint drivers and bios. Use the "paired" versions. Bios version 1.11.0402 is paired with the 1.11.0512 driver (the only mismatch in the list at highpoint)

I am using Highpoint drivers 2.0.1008. Running just fine here

This can get a little confusing, but there are XP HighPoint Drivers that are loaded into the OS, and there are HighPoint BIOS Flash Updates that are matted to the OS Drivers. When the HIghpoint controller is embedded into the MB you use the MB BIOS flash to update both the MB BIOS and the HPT controller. We have the latest OS drivers. What is hard to find is the latest HPT BIOS update to match the OS drivers. That is something that only Abit can provide.

Originally posted by MeanGene
This can get a little confusing, but there are XP HighPoint Drivers that are loaded into the OS, and there are HighPoint BIOS Flash Updates that are matted to the OS Drivers. When the HIghpoint controller is embedded into the MB you use the MB BIOS flash to update both the MB BIOS and the HPT controller. We have the latest OS drivers. What is hard to find is the latest HPT BIOS update to match the OS drivers. That is something that only Abit can provide.
The ones I downloaded have the drivers for 9x/NT/2k/XP and a folder that contains a BIOS. Could it be a match? According to the readme.txt the BIOS and the drivers go together. I didn't use the BIOS though. Should I have? I mean my setup is running just fine. Is this BIOS only if you are running RAID? I'm using mine has ATA100

Here's the drivers and such..check it out.

I am using the 2.0.1019.0 drivers for the XP OS. The problem is that the BIOS for the HighPoint controller with these drivers is not for the Abit MB but for a add-in PCI controller card, like the Hot-Rod that has the HPT 370 controller on it. The Load.exe will not work on the Abit MB. So we are stuck with whatever comes with the Abit BIOS now at KT764 and the earler 1.11.0402 HPT BIOS.

ahhh ok gotcha...so how are they running? Ever ran 1008? How do they compare?

I updated to the 1203 HPT drivers, but I have not seen any difference in performance. I think it is just to fix certain problems.

Revision History:
v2.0.1203 03Dec2001
o Fixed the issue about ATA133 disk over clock fail
o Fixed the bug of GUI can not set transfer mode of disk on Hpt372

v2.0.1019 19Oct2001
o Fixed the bug of Seagate ST340016A HDD R/W error on HPT372
o Fixed bug on supporting Rocket Mate

v2.0.1008 10Oct2001
o Fixed the bug of some Seagate series HDD can't install System on HPT372

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back