Abit KR7A 133 vs. ASUS A7V333

G

Gouk

Ok you clever and xp-erienced :D peeps. I really need to know overall which motherboard is the better out of the two.

Any comments related to this topic appreciated :)

Motherboard Verbose Information

Manufacturer ABIT
Model Number KR7A-133
Supported Operating Systems NA, WIN95SR2, WIN98, WIN98SE, WIN2000, WINME, WINXP
Min Recommended CPU AMD Socket A Athlon, Duron & Athlon XP
Form Factor ATX
ChipSet VIA KT266A / VIA VT8233A
Memory Type PC1600/PC2100 DDR SDRAM
Max Memory up to 3GB unbuffered DDR OR 4GB registered DDR
No of Memory Slots 4
No of PCI Slots 6
No of AGP Slots 1
No of ISA Slots 0
No ofAdditional Slots 0
Supported Bus Frequency (MHz) 266
Onboard Video NO
Onboard LAN NO
Onboard Sound NO
Onboard SCSI NO
BIOS Type SoftMenuTM III Technology to set CPU parameters
Cache Size
Max Multiplier 14
CPUs Upto 2000XP
No of IDE Ports 2
No of USB Ports 4
Hardware Monitoring YES
Features ATA133, AGPx4

==============================================

Manufacturer ASUS
Model Number A7V333
Supported Operating Systems WIN95, WIN95SR2, WIN98, WIN98SE, WIN2000, WINME, WINXP
Min Recommended CPU Socket A Athlon, Duron & Athlon XP
Form Factor ATX
ChipSet North Bridge: VIA® KT333 & South Bridge: VIA® VT8233A
Memory Type unbuffered PC2700/PC2100/PC1600 non-ECC SDRAM Memory
Max Memory 3Gb
No of Memory Slots 3
No of PCI Slots 5
No of AGP Slots 1
No of ISA Slots 0
No ofAdditional Slots None
Supported Bus Frequency (MHz) 266
Onboard Video NO
Onboard LAN NO
Onboard Sound YES
Onboard SCSI NO
BIOS Type 2Mb Flash ROM, Award BIOS
Cache Size
Max Multiplier 14
CPUs Upto 2100XP
No of IDE Ports 2
No of USB Ports 2
Hardware Monitoring YES
Features USB2.0, AGPx4, ATA100

==============================================

Give me your thoughts.

There will be a lot of opinions. I have an Asus. I love it. I have to say, though, Abit kicks butt as well. Don't rule out the Soyo Dragon . That would be my next one. ;)

Too bad the ASUS has on-board sound :( I hate on-board stuff.

get the asus, I have the asus a7v266 and it is amazing, (love to overclock) the board works fine for me, and all the results I have seen for the a7v333 have been great. Go with that.

I am not a big fan of on-board sound either but come on, 6 channel sound can't be all that bad... saves you spending some money if you dont have a good sound card right now and want to save the money for the audigy... :)

just my 2 cents...

:D

I have the kr7a and it rocks. Completly stable and the bios features are amazing. I would look into the epox board though. It allows you to adjust the vcore up to 2.00. Just my thoughts.

From what I've read of reviews the ASUS board kicks some serious butt! :D

Its already on my WISH-LIST!! :)

just wanted to put my 2 cents more... :D

I have seen 3 different boards using the same via chipset... an MSI board, an Abit (non-RAID) board and an Asus board... all using the via 266 chipset and all having between an xp 1600+ and an 1800+...

tell you the truth... the speed difference is minute... you should not be able to see a discernible difference...

heck the new MSI boards are very cheap and competitive in terms of the number of features and they are quite cheap too... corse I live only about 5 miles from this place www.tcwo.com and I know some of the prices are more than other spots on the web but I can order and pick up stuff from the window of the store the same day and that is convenient...

basically if you can THAT much difference (other than for ocing) than you are pretty good and can afford to choose the board you want... as you can see from the previous post I had and going to the link.. the overall performance difference is quite small... I myself prefer the asus via 333 chipset because of the features and the usb 2.0 but the abit has more DDR slots and I am going to be adding clips as I go along and can afford to do so... :D

Well both boards are good, but ive always seemed to go with abit, actaully the abit board thats in question is the one im getting this july :)
so which ever u pick, u'll be fine with either.

Then again the abit mobo supports DDR, if i was u i'd go with abit.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back