Abit gf4

A

apx|

I am having some problems with my gf4 ti 4200 128 mb, it does not run like it should, the fps dont cap at 125 in quake (pretty old game), i have already installed nvidea drivers but i cant enter the advanced settings of my gfx, my cpu is an AMD 1800+ 256 RAM, so i don't think that should be the problem.
Can anyone help me?

Regards,
apx|
(help me *****es :mad: :) )

what happens when you try to go into the advanced settings?

also, what kind of board do you have?

It says: An error occured while windows was working with the Control Panel file C:\WINNT\System32\desk.cpl.
My board: Asus motherboard A7N266 nvidea nforce 420 chipset

Does your board have an on-board graphics card? If so is it properly disabled if not it could cause problems

Ty, ill try that, and my onboard video card is properly disabled m8.

Do you have XP? And it looks like yr desk.cpl could be corrupted, I dont know if that causes the problems though.

U know what, ill just format my pc and reinstall the whole bloody thing :), cause i think my pc needs that .

no no no.. thats the last resort.

Do you have win XP? If you do then u have a problem with it since yr win folder is name WINNT, if you dont make sure u have the drivers for YOUR os.

Hehe ok dude i'll w8 some, and no i do not have win XP, i have win 2000 :).

Ok, i installed 44.03 en used driver cleaner, I can acces my advanced settings again but my probs with the fps stays, i still cant cap at 125 in Quake with a G ti 4200 128 mb.

you can't get any more than 125fps?
does it stay at 125fps or jump up and down all the time?
is v-sync off or on?
how many 3dmarks do you get?

think u need to search the quake forums to look for an uncap command

Hm I think my vertical sync is still on , but nevertheless i should get 125 cap, and now its between 80-125.

Why do you care if you cant get more than 125 FPS? Theres no difference and even if there is your eye cant see it.

M8 do u play q3 online? FPS is quite important, it could be the difference between missing and hitting, and besides i bought the damn thing cause i thought it could handle 125 fps in quake but it seems not :), a GF4 is a piece of junk!.

Oh, you are talking about online.. how fast is yr connection? Trust me anything over 30 FPS is more than enough, you are talking about lag from ping/connection speed.

In online games only ping can make a difference between hitting and missing unless u have a 20 year old gfx card which you dont.

And dont tell me that u can notice the difference between 60 and 125 FPS cause you are just imagining.

Ehehehe, my ms is fine dude, and if u dont believe me about the FPS, connect to irc.jolt.co.uk #ctfpickup.euro and ask aboutthe FPS :). But dont u think my GF4 must handle 125 FPS?

I dont really care what people say about FPS.. you CANT see the difference between 40 and any higher number, 30 FPS is plenty. If you have lag in online games suck as Quake which is old its probably yr connection.

I do think that yr card can handle 125 FPS if not more on such an old game but not if the game blocks it like people said above.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back