Abit BG7 mobo

tibboh

Arte et Marte
Whilst the blurb from Abit state the BG7 (S478/533mhz) using the 845 chip states it will support RAM speed of PC2100, Crucial state it will support DDR PC2700. As iI have failed to get confirmation from either Abit or Crucial - can anyone advise?

Fitting mobo with P4 2.4 (PC533) - will 350 W PSU be sufficient?

The chipset may take PC2700 but that mobo can only take PC2100.

Btw, do you really want onboard VGA? It'll suck at best. I would suggest a BE7 instead. No VGA, but takes PC2700 RAM.

And yes, that PSU will do nicely.

BG7 v BE7

Thanks for that, Zedric

Both boards are the same price, so i will probably swing towards your recommmendation.

I have read that the P4's need a seperate 12v supply from PSU, I suppose this is a standard fitting on new PSU's for this type of processor?

Regards

tibboh

Yes it's a small 4-pin connector. If the PSU is marked as P4 OK it has it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back