Abilene Texas...

P

pc_tek

Hey guys, well if you don't know, I am in the miltary. I just found out that I am being transferred from Washington State to Abilene Texas, to leave in sept - Oct timeframe. It will definately be a change, but a welcome one.

Anybody from this area, that could help me out with info. I can be emailed at eric.m@themail.com

Thanks for any info...

EriC!

Haven't been there in a while but was born and raised about 3 hours west of there.

Not too far from where I live. About an hours drive. Not a bad place.

Dyess, eh? I've been there many, many, many times.

Oh, and, it is a bad place. I absolutly hate this city. There are few things to do here for fun.

Sure going to be a big change from Washington State!

I spent many years west of Abilene at Odessa. A lot of fine people in that part of the country.

Good luck and Welcome to West Texas!
:)

I am so sorry your going to texas, but at least it isnt Houston.

Sorry if you like it there but I didnt.

hmm how to say this...

Texas is the pig pit of the free world....

spent 20+ years there.... bad state, rude people...

then again i am kinda down on the state ex. wife took me for over 490,000 in divorce....

but really ..

its too hot to rudetoo.too. ahhh

STANKY!!

Re: Re: Abilene Texas...

Originally posted by lelu
I spent many years west of Abilene at Odessa. A lot of fine people in that part of the country.

Spent the first 25 years of my life in Odessa. Madman, dunno where you were. I will say that Texans are among the most genuine, hardworking and polite people around. I will move back there one day if it kills me.

Re: Re: Re: Abilene Texas...

Originally posted by xsivforce
Spent the first 25 years of my life in Odessa.

When you said, three hours west of Abliene I was thinking you were probably talking of "Big O". Then guess you remeber "Mojo" and the Permian Panthers. Or maybe were you in Odessa High.

You are so right about Texas people. We like the trees and water here in AR but miss the fine folks in TX. Also the great TX roads!

*All my ex's live in Texas... That's why I make my Home in Tennessee.* :p

Catchy Tune :D

Good 'ol Ratliff Stadium. Started my career in Golf across the street at Ratliff Ranch.

Originally posted by lelu

OHS Class of 2002

Lelu, from AR eh? I am too. Thats my whole reason for going to Texas, trying to get alittle close to family.

Im originally from Hot Springs Ark, but lived down south in Camden for 7 years before joining the military. What part of ARK you in?

BTW... Thanks everyone for your replies!

all i knwo about abeline is that there's some church of christ affilated college there, and a few poeple i know go/went there. but that's becuase they go to my church (big surprise, its a CoC!) but i haven't been in a really long time beucase i work alot on sundays, but i think i'd rathyer be episcolpalian. i can't speel. i know i haven't been much ehlp either.

Originally posted by pc_tek

Im originally from Hot Springs Ark, but lived down south in Camden for 7 years before joining the military. What part of ARK you in?

Hot Springs , on Lake Hamilton. :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back