ABC wont connect from behind NAT

sean.ferguson

OSNN Veteran Addict
i am behind a wireless/wired 3com router, using ABC on Windows XP 2002 Professional with SP2 installed, only other changes to the system is neowin's multipatcher for my themes.

i have went through the admin process of creating a "special' application to open ports 6881-6999, however they can only be binded to 1 port. I made this the first in the series, so 6881. (see attachment)

Has anyone else had issues with ABC behind a NAT?

If you have a UPnP-enabled router, you can use a UPnP-enabled BT client like Azureus or BitComet to dynamically open and close the necessary ports.

NetRyder said:
If you have a UPnP-enabled router, you can use a UPnP-enable BT client like Azureus or BitComet to dynamically open and close the necessary ports.
Which of the two would you recommend? Or are there more upnp aware clients?

Glaanieboy said:
Which of the two would you recommend? Or are there more upnp aware clients?
There might be others that are UPnP-aware too...I just know that these are two major ones that are.
I'm currently using BitComet myself, but Azureus is an excellent client too. Guess you could check out their feature-sets and decide. BitComet is coded in C++, while Azureus, as you know, is a Java client.

Gonna try the Comet one, since the Azureus website is 404'ing on me. Thanks Net!

No probs.
smile.gif

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back