A8N-SLI Glitch with Vista

Dawgz83944

OSNN Newbie
Here's my story if anyone has a fix let me know. The ASUS forums are slammed, anyway I have an ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe that had the 10.11 Bios with a 3800. I purchased Vista Ultimate and there were no problems at all. I upgraded my processor to an FX-60 which required a BIOS upgrade to correctly detect the processor.

After that Windows would blue screen all the time. All the Hardware diagnostics I would run would test the CPU and RAM as being good. Every 3rd boot it will boot into Vista and quickly crash. I formatted and reinstalled with no problems. After all the updates were done same thing happened. I narrowed it down to the Microsoft patch for the NForce 4 PCI-Express. Every BIOS after 10.11 will crash even the BETA bios I'm running now. I works perfect now, but I would like to apply this patch but I can't. Thanks again guyz....

Just wait for Nvidia to release their proper platform drivers.

Or don't use the Microsoft patches. I have a 5200 that runs fine unless I accept the Microsoft Update download for it. Then it just crashes and I have to go to safe mode and pry out the bad driver that MS is pushing.

I'm pretty sure it's not a Microsoft patch - it's just an old Nvidia driver which Nvidia hasn't bothered updating yet.

I'm pretty sure it's not a Microsoft patch - it's just an old Nvidia driver which Nvidia hasn't bothered updating yet.

I think your right the MS driver and NVIDIA beta Nforce driver is the same size and version. Well hope they fix it soon, I mostly posted it so noone else pulls their hair out for 3 hours trying to figure it out.

A8N-E with all the updates and running just fine even with games.

I've been running Vista Ultimate on an A8N-SLi Deluxe since November, with all the Windows Update patches installed. No problems here. I'm using the 1017-004 BIOS version.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back