A8N-SLI Glitch with Vista

Dawgz83944

OSNN Newbie
Here's my story if anyone has a fix let me know. The ASUS forums are slammed, anyway I have an ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe that had the 10.11 Bios with a 3800. I purchased Vista Ultimate and there were no problems at all. I upgraded my processor to an FX-60 which required a BIOS upgrade to correctly detect the processor.

After that Windows would blue screen all the time. All the Hardware diagnostics I would run would test the CPU and RAM as being good. Every 3rd boot it will boot into Vista and quickly crash. I formatted and reinstalled with no problems. After all the updates were done same thing happened. I narrowed it down to the Microsoft patch for the NForce 4 PCI-Express. Every BIOS after 10.11 will crash even the BETA bios I'm running now. I works perfect now, but I would like to apply this patch but I can't. Thanks again guyz....

LeeJend

OSNN Veteran Addict
Or don't use the Microsoft patches. I have a 5200 that runs fine unless I accept the Microsoft Update download for it. Then it just crashes and I have to go to safe mode and pry out the bad driver that MS is pushing.

kop48

OSNN Addict
I'm pretty sure it's not a Microsoft patch - it's just an old Nvidia driver which Nvidia hasn't bothered updating yet.

Dawgz83944

OSNN Newbie
I'm pretty sure it's not a Microsoft patch - it's just an old Nvidia driver which Nvidia hasn't bothered updating yet.

I think your right the MS driver and NVIDIA beta Nforce driver is the same size and version. Well hope they fix it soon, I mostly posted it so noone else pulls their hair out for 3 hours trying to figure it out.

NetRyder

Tech Junkie
I've been running Vista Ultimate on an A8N-SLi Deluxe since November, with all the Windows Update patches installed. No problems here. I'm using the 1017-004 BIOS version.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaTHill