A7V333 and AMD XP 2400+

Jz1397-5

XP Bad Ass
I am thinking about getting an A7V333 with a AMD XP 2400+, (upgrade from below sig) what do you all think of the performance combo?

I say pretty good!

I recently ugraded a PC from XP 1900 to 2400 and I could feel a difference. and With that gigabyte of ram, loading should be quite faster. :p

Originally posted by Jz1397-4
I am thinking about getting an A7V333 with a AMD XP 2400+, (upgrade from below sig) what do you all think of the performance combo?

should be pretty nice :)

check up about the heatsink to make sure that it will be adequate... though am sure if you have it on a 2000+ it should work half decent on a 2400+ :)

reason I say this is we just got a 333fsb 2600+cpu @ work... shipped per my it department head lol... and it came with a coolermaster quiet heat pipe... and the sod had moved during shipping... so it worked fine for a coupla days before dieing lol...

went in to work yesterday and the it dood was sitting there all depressed...

moral of story... put your own heat sink on and make damn sure that you have proper contact... the die size is a fair bit smaller than the palomino core...

:) btw performance should be quite breezy...

btw check for any bios updates for running the 2400+... might not be necessary but no harm in checking..

thanks, as for the 2400+ i am going to use the existing Volcano 7+, is that ok? I was going to use articl silver III. i will go check the BIOS updates now (should be getting it soon).
update: ASUS Bios Page read the latest one, do you think that i will need it. Also the board should come with latest BIOS, and .... how do i check the BIOS number?

cooler should be fine.. and bios you should not really need to worry about since the fsb is still 133 :) not 166 as with the 2600/2700 and 2800+ cpu's...

you should be fine..

if the cpu is not recognized as a 2400+ @ boot... then you will have to upgrade else yer fine :)

what i want to do is overclock it by 133 MHz, (2600+ speed) because i heard that the chip was cooler. does anyone know how far that chip can be overclocked, becuase the CPU database does not have an entry for it. and i thought that 2600+ was also 133FSB. Last question: when i upgrade with BIOS support, do you think that i can run with 166mhz fsb? it would lower the clock speed, but could i do it?

what i want to do is overclock it by 133 MHz, (2600+ speed) because i heard that the chip was cooler. does anyone know how far that chip can be overclocked, becuase the CPU database does not have an entry for it. and i thought that 2600+ was also 133FSB. Last question: when i upgrade with BIOS support, do you think that i can run with 166mhz fsb? it would lower the clock speed, but could i do it?

the 2400+ is not designed to be run @ 166mhz fsb though you can oc it to that.. the stock is 133mhz... bios updates or anything else will not change that... you can oc it to nearl 3ghz btw... BUT that is with LN cooling and other stuff you probably will not find...

the 2.0 ghz is plenty fast enough already if you think about it...

2600+ comes in 2 flavors... 133mhz fsb and 166mhz fsb... the 166mhz has a slightly lower clock speed... 2.08ghz v/s 2.13 ghz... this is in keeping with the performance ratings... overall performance is around the same since the extra fsb gives it a little more bandwidth to compensate for the slightly slower clock...

I am going to overclock the 2400+ to the 2600+.

Sazar you are the man.

you`ll need to do a bios update so your board will take the 2400+,ive got the same board/processor and they run great together.

im using a Thermalright SLK-800 and a YS-Tech silent fan for cooling.

i have the latestest revision of the board (i forget the name) but it runs the AMDXP2400+ and with overclocking i was able to boot and have stabe at 166FSB and 2.25GHz. I am still debating on if i should run them like that all the time...

i have the latestest revision of the board (i forget the name) but it runs the AMDXP2400+ and with overclocking i was able to boot and have stabe at 166FSB and 2.25GHz. I am still debating on if i should run them like that all the time...

Nice work. If your temps are fine, then I can't see why not. What did you use to check stability?

jumpy

first i ran 3d mark (crashed), so then i uped the cpu voltage and played 3dmark and UT, everything works so i just left it.

I guess its up to you what you consider stable, but for a better stability test use prime95 @ http://www.mersenne.org/freesoft.htm

If you can run that overnight without crashing you can probably consider your system stable but as I said, degree of stability is up to you.

Games might not crash but if you are folding or crunching for seti, you may be returning incorrect results.

Have fun
jumpy

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back