a7v133 temps to high?

W

wyrlwyn

my motherboard monitor is showing my cpu temperature(1000mhz athlon) as 114F(idle) and 122F(load). my motherboard temps are a steady 86F all the time. is this casue windows xp likes to run hot, or is my motherboard sensors just bogus? i have a standard fan, i might pick on up a new one... i haven't had to much luck installing new fans...

those temps are fine

114 f on your cpu is about 43c and thats just fine,it should never go over 60c.
and your mobo is way cool, about 28c, the mobo should never go over 45c. so you have nothing to worry about.;)

i have an antec server tower, and it came witha fan built on the side of the case, its got 2 fans on the rear, and an intake fan in from of 2 7200 ide drives. i read over at a7vtroubleshooting.com that the mobo sensor on the mobo i have reads slitely higher then it actually is, but it seems like alot to me. would getting a new cpu fan help out(and by how much)

I wouldn't worry too much. I am sitting at 123F or 51C right now. A7A266 mobo., 1.4 T-bird ,Volcano 7 HSF. If you do want to goto a new cpu fan, might I suggest the Thermatake Volcano 7.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back