A7n8x Hdd Led

J

jason2slow

i just bought this mobo and i looked in the manual and it dosen't show how to hook up the hdd led. i know somebody knows..heh.

another thing..if your case has 2 usbs in the front and you have the a7n8x where do you connect the plug things?

Since the hard disk drive LED and your case LED connector aren't matching up (I assume), you could take the connector apart and rewire it so it does.

As to the USB ports, you can attach the ones from your case as shown in the attatched file. Because of yet another discrepancy between mobo manufacturers and case manufacturers, these probably have different labels, too. USB+5V is the same as VCC. It doesn't matter which side you connect those to. "USB_P5-" and "USBP6-" is the same as "Data0-" and "Data1-". Same thing goes for positive. Connect two grounds (doesn't matter which) and leave "NC" open.

i dunno if they don't match, i just don't know where to put it

On the strip of pins where everything else form the case connects. It's in the manual.

Ok I take back the smart remark the morons labeled it IDELD1
instead of HD LED.

Lower right corner.

hey thanks i got it, but about the usb, in the manual it shows where to plug in but it labels them differently as what the plugs are labeled. The plugs are labeled as DATA 1/2 Ground 1/2 VOC 1/2 and something else i can't rember, but the manual shows to plug them in under different things according to voltage, anyone help me on this?

Al there should be to USB is data, voltage, and ground.

VOC sounds like it might be overcurrent protection, but I'm not sure. The way your motherboard is set up, you wouldn't need to plug an overcurrent cable in.

alright but on the picture you posted earlier, where do you plug in the the cables? which one is which?

o...hah sorry i didn't read the post earlier, im going to try that now thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back