a7n8x dlx Problems

Anakist

Way too much time here...
Floppy and sound dont work. Do I just return the mobo?

Or, Where can I find audio drivers for the board? I installed the drivers on the asus disk but the sound wont work.

James

Originally posted by Anakist
Floppy and sound dont work. Do I just return the mobo?

Or, Where can I find audio drivers for the board? I installed the drivers on the asus disk but the sound wont work.

James

we have new drivers on our front page... consider dling and checking them out and see if they help... :)

when you say they don't work.. whats the prob ?

bios has been setup properly and all device drivers installed ?

just asking since no info provided...

check out the frontpage driver links and see if they help any :)

Sorry about that. Not thinking properly.

At boot up, if the floppy is connected, it stalls and says Floppy Error, and I have to press F1 to continue.

I dont get any sound at all. I have plugged the speakers into every socket and tried the setup wizard and everything and no noise. I get a bit of static on the "Mic In" socket but that is just when changing the volume.

James

have you enabled the sound card, if you turn on the post reporter then that will speak to you on a very basic hardware level does that work?

Yeah the sound card is enabled. No I havent heard anything from post reporter.

James

First off, make sure you have the floppy plugged in the right way around (on both sides of the connector) and also the speakers should plug into the green socket on the back (the middle socket). Try resetting your BIOS. (that returns everything to defaults) Sound is defaulted on

More detail on "plugged in right".

At the floppy or motherboard end some cables aren't keyed so you can put them in upside down. Look for pin 1 on the sockets and line them up. Also, on the floppy drive itself you can sometimes put the connector on and have all the pins shifted over one row.

Did you uninstall any old sound drivers on the hard drive from the previous mother board and install the sound drivers for the Asus MB? And try the sound without the floppy connected at all just in case the floppy problem is causing a sound problem too.

It was a new install of everything. I tried two cables and two floppies and neither would work.

I tried everything. I took the mobo back, so I will see what happens when I get the new one.

James

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back