A7N8X Deluxe

kingsam

OSNN Addict
Hi ive currently got a asus a7v333 mbo,and i am thing of upgrading to a a7n8x deluxe.Can anybody give me any helpful advice & what problems if any did they encounter.Many thanks

stu

asus a7v333
xp2.5barton
fx5600 256mb
audigy card
2xmaxtor 40g 7200
plext writer 48x
512 pc2700

shouldnt be any real problems now as its been around long enough for BIOS fix's and software drivers have been updated since its release. all i can see from above is sticking the audigy in slot 4.

I have a a7n8x deluxe and had no problems at all. I have my soundblaster in slot3. If you want to use asus speach reporter (speaks to you instead of beeping at boot) and you are using your audigy card then you will need to use a spare speaker as the sound comes through the onboard sound.
I have also installed a key lock (the board has a keboard lockout feature) which is handy to stop people using your pc.

All in all I am very happy with my board and find it very stable, good choice in my opinion

I have one as well and can't say that I've run into any problems. Very stable, good board, you won't regret it.

Also I am using my soudblaster because it is a platinum and has a live drive and want to use the livedrive but I hve read a lot of people rekon the onboard sound on this board is nearly as good as the Audigy 2

I've had my A7N8X Deluxe since January and haven't had any problems. The onboard sound is ok. I like my sound blaster better because I have more control over the bass and treble.

My biggest complaint about the board is the Serial Raid feature. I hate how it takes extra time at boot to probe for a Raid setup. I'm not sure how to disable it, because I don't use Raid.

Other than that, the board is rock solid and great for gaming.

docbaily try disabling serial ATA via the jumper. Look at page 19 in your manual

same here this board rocks. very stable board if you have good ram. also the onboard sound works alot better for me than my sb live. this board is very good for oc'ing your fsb and cpu. I'm also using the 1004 Uber bios. had some fixes for the sata controllers.

ASUS MBO A7N8 DELX

Hi thanks for all the responces,i think i will buy one now having had some info on these boards,& i have had asus boards many times before,but wasnt sure about this one.Many thanks again

:rolleyes:

Originally posted by dpr
I have a a7n8x deluxe and had no problems at all. I have my soundblaster in slot3. If you want to use asus speach reporter (speaks to you instead of beeping at boot) and you are using your audigy card then you will need to use a spare speaker as the sound comes through the onboard sound.
I have also installed a key lock (the board has a keboard lockout feature) which is handy to stop people using your pc.

ok wheres u get the keyboard lock :) I could use that heh,

I have a asus a7n8x deluxe rev 2 using 1005 bios works great, only wish all my hds would work but thats Hd problem :). I m using a xp 2800+ with slk800 and a smart fan II. the sata raid is easily disabled by changing the jumper, tommmorow i m ordering my 9800 pro AIW and my WD 36.6 gig SATA HD weee :) can't wait.

I'd recommend this board to anyone who is looking for a solid board for a new box, only thing make sure its rev 2.0 not later otherwise you can't use 400fsb processors once they're out :)

ok all you need to do is buy a key switch (I got mine for £1.99p from Maplins) and a piece of wire, I got mine out of an old case I was throwing away because it already had the black connection on it to push straight onto the mother board. You can put the key switch where ever you want to. I have put mine on the front of my case so its easy to get to when I want to lock it. Below are my bad drawings of the wiring diagram ect. It it very easy to do.

http://www.zen17068.zen.co.uk/wiring.jpg
http://www.zen17068.zen.co.uk/Connections.jpg
http://www.zen17068.zen.co.uk/Key switch.jpg

Just noticed you are getting a WD 36.6 gig SATA HD. I am planning on getting 2 of them and using raid 0. you will have to tell us how much speed difference you see ect

yeah its not gonna be raided though, but from what i ve heard from reviews windows is suppose to be about 2.5 times faster install and everything

ye thats ok, been using ibm drives so far and not very happy with them so was going to give WD a try

dpr join #ntfs on efnet with www.mirc.com and talk to us all man I orderd my hd and gfx card it ll b here by friday :) AIW 9800 pro and a WD 36.6 so happy

I've had that board for a few months, and no problems have come up yet. :)

There is a bug with nforce boards, which everything runs, but it wouldn't even get to the BIOS. It can be fixed by turning off the power, hold down Insert on the keyboard, and turning on the computer again. It resets the BIOS settings, and most likely brings everything back to life again.

Just to tell you in case you or anyone encounters this problem with an nforce board.

does that holding the insert button work if u dont get any video any post nothing, and everything is running perfectly even if u tried clearing cmos ?

Yeah I am thinking of a possible upgrade to this board to add SATA to my system.

The other board I was thinking of is the ABIT one as the features seem fairly equal though unsure what to go for..... :confused:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back