A7N8X Deluxe

Originally posted by indyjones
Yeah I am thinking of a possible upgrade to this board to add SATA to my system.

The other board I was thinking of is the ABIT one as the features seem fairly equal though unsure what to go for..... :confused:
i've built two systems lately, one with the A7N8X Deluxe 2.0 and one with the Abit NF7-S 2.0.

both are awesome. though if i had to pick one, i'd have to go with the asus. why? fanless northbridge (less noise, more reliable) and Qfan (controlls cpu fan speed depending on cpu temp). also it came with asus pcprobe monitoring software which was quite extensive... showing realtime graphs of all temps and fan speeds.

besides that, they are both very similar. both have the Soundstorm audio which is the main reason i picked those each time.

Originally posted by taurus
i've built two systems lately, one with the A7N8X Deluxe 2.0 and one with the Abit NF7-S 2.0.

both are awesome. though if i had to pick one, i'd have to go with the asus. why? fanless northbridge (less noise, more reliable) and Qfan (controlls cpu fan speed depending on cpu temp). also it came with asus pcprobe monitoring software which was quite extensive... showing realtime graphs of all temps and fan speeds.

besides that, they are both very similar. both have the Soundstorm audio which is the main reason i picked those each time.

Hey lol what better advice than the man who has both :D
Very good i shall go for the ASUS one (piggy bank permitting) Thanks :)

One point though I wont be using the soundstorm audio but rather my audigy 2 platinum instead, but i thought about going for an nvidia chipset to removed the issues you constantly seem to be getteing between creative sound cards and via chipsets

Originally posted by Brando457
does that holding the insert button work if u dont get any video any post nothing, and everything is running perfectly even if u tried clearing cmos ?

It works for those symptoms if you have an nforce chipset. If it doesn't work, keep trying. After many unsuccessful tries, your board most likely fried.

Originally posted by indyjones
One point though I wont be using the soundstorm audio but rather my audigy 2 platinum instead, but i thought about going for an nvidia chipset to removed the issues you constantly seem to be getteing between creative sound cards and via chipsets
yeah, i was building both systems from scratch and didn't have to worry about getting a high-end sound card as long as i got one of those boards. but if i already had one (ie. audigy2), then i'd probably look for something a little cheaper. epox, for instance.

I love my A7N8X DX, it's a Rev 1.04 and I'm running it at a very nice FSB with 0 stability problems.

I am very happy with my motherboard.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back