A7N8X-Deluxe Mem Module 3 not installed error

dubstar

format c:
i cannot run dual memory in module 2 & 3 because my computer says Module 3 is not installed.

this is an error, i do have 3 modules, but everytime i put any memory in the 3rd module, my computer does not post.

will a bios flash help this? it all worked properly before with the current bios.

thanks for your input

I think,now correct me if i'm wrong but dual channel will only work in the third and first memory sockets.If that is how u configured it then go back to the old bios u had b4.

i havent changed the bios...

but i had it dual channel with in the blue modules. the ones distincly colored for Dual-Channel. and now one of those is "not installed"

Try this,shut down unplug the pc clear the cmos and reseat the mem sticks.

i did, im on the default bios that the motherboard came with.

(bios 1005) is what im on now. the "ASUS Update" program that came with the motherboard seems to be .. well.. crappy. i hope i do not need a floppy.

if i do, i guess i will install one.

****! i did the new bios,.. i start my computer up again...

i pop the ram in module 3 and it burns it up!

i took it out.. and i notice that (fauuck!!) i put it in backward.

why dont they idiot proof these things! now my Ram Module 3 has a fat ass burn mark on it! and I have a 512 PC2700 stick thats busted.

i can only blame myself. DAMN! im pissed.

Originally posted by dubstar

i took it out.. and i notice that (fauuck!!) i put it in backward.

this few weeks, i keep repeating the same error.... i'm kinda blur to notice this....

Originally posted by Bretenn
this few weeks, i keep repeating the same error.... i'm kinda blur to notice this....

why did they make it so easy to mess up? im still angry.

Umm... The memory sticks are keyed so you can only put them in one way. I'd have to use a hammer to get them in backwards on any of my 3 systems??????

Aside from that, Taurus and I have been trying to figure out if/how dual ddr will work with the third socket since theoretically you need 2 sticks in pairs to get the memory interleaving to double the speed. Some MB make it sound like you can use 3 sticks and get Dual DDR performance others don't really discuss it and many reviews talk like it only works with 2 stick pairs. Sounds like it does not work. Shame the third stick is toast, you could have run some benchmarks for us...

Originally posted by LeeJend
Umm... The memory sticks are keyed so you can only put them in one way. I'd have to use a hammer to get them in backwards on any of my 3 systems??????

yeah i agree.... i think i really have to use hammer if i want to force it into the ram slot.

Originally posted by Bretenn
yeah i agree.... i think i really have to use hammer if i want to force it into the ram slot.

if i had a digital camera, i'd take a shot for you. it fit right in.

kingston "KVR333x64C25/512"
&
A7N8X Deluxe Revision 2.0

after i put it in, i heard some crackling and then i turned it off and it was burnt up. i looked, and i noticed the sticker lables where each facing a different way.

Originally posted by LeeJend

Aside from that, Taurus and I have been trying to figure out if/how dual ddr will work with the third socket since theoretically you need 2 sticks in pairs to get the memory interleaving to double the speed. Some MB make it sound like you can use 3 sticks and get Dual DDR performance others don't really discuss it and many reviews talk like it only works with 2 stick pairs. Sounds like it does not work. Shame the third stick is toast, you could have run some benchmarks for us...

i only have 2 sticks, so i couldnt test that theory for you, sorry. maybe if i get it RMA'd i could borrow a friends stick and do some tests.

Wow, thanks Dubstar a chance to show off my new digital camera...

I attached a photo of a DDR strick next to the socket. There is a notch in the DDR connector and a TAB in the socket, about 60% across the bottom. That is supposed to prevent putting the stick in backwards.

If that tab is missing or too small you are NOT at fault for any damage and should get a replacment of both the RAM and MB.
If the tab is missing then I'd put the blame on ASUS (besides they have a good reputation for customer support).

Find someone with a digital camera and get pictures!!!!!!!!!!

very nice shot Lee.. i'll find someone, and i'll make sure to turn it all off before i plug it in and take the shot.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back