a7n8x audio question

Anakist

Way too much time here...
I am going to make a cable to come out of my mobo connectors into my surround system. Because I want to do this right the first time (dunno why, never bothered to do it right the first time before...), I want to know the wiring diagram for the centre/bass 3.5mm jack. I am fine with the other two (ring=right, shield=gnd ergo tip=left), but which is which for the centre.

Shld = Gnd (duh)

Ring = ???

Tip = ???

Any help will be appreciated. Also, what is S/PDIF??

James

maybe get a single old comp speaker or something, cut the cord and strip the ends, and use it to test..?

just wondering, but does your receiver have coaxial digital (spdif) input? i'm sure your board has spdif out.

Yeah I think it does. Is that just two channel out??

Thanks.

James

dunno, never used it. it should be 5.1 or more, considering it's used by home theater receivers. but, again, i'm not sure.

definitely try it if both are capable. a digital connection would be best.

Hmmm, Coax is only two conductor. Oh well, Might have to get a cable for it and try.

Anyone know a wiring diagram for one. :p Hehehe. Nah, shopping time....

James

two-conductor... cuz it's digital. all the info is transfered to the receiver digitally then it converts it to however-many channels of analog audio.

i don't suggest doing any splicing. you would probably degrade the digital signal to the point where it wouldn't work... not to mention there's no point in splicing it.

Thanks. I will see if it has a digital coax when I get home. (Not for 2 days yet :() I know it has component rca in and 9 pin digital in, but not sure on digital coax.

James

I am not sure if it has a single coax in. It has RCA in for each channel.

James

digital coax (spdif) is usually one black rca connector.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back