A Very Important Question

1timemember

How you guys doing, It's been a while since I posted but umm this time I need seriouse help. I don't know where to go for help but here. Anywho i want to know how to change my IP number?
Any method is fine, illegal or not I need to know :p.. thnx

For the record, this is 100% legal. I have listed the steps below to change your IP address, depending on what version of Windows you're running.

I've never used Lindows, so if you're using Lindows, these instructions may or may not be what you're looking for. I just noticed that your profile indicates that you have Lindows, so I edited this post and added this paragraph.

Windows 9x/ME:
Go to control panel, click on network, choose the TCP/IP protocol, click on properties, and in there you have the option to either choose DNS or enter your own IP address. You can also find out what your IP address is by running winipcfg from the run line. You will be required to restart your computer when you change your IP address.

Hopefully those steps above are accurate enough; it's been a while since I used those versions of windows.

Windows NT 4.0/2000/XP:
Go to control panel, choose Network Connections, right-click on the network item that you want to change (would either be your LAN connection or your dial-up modem connection, etc. Most likely it will be your Local Area Network connection. It is not recommended that you change your IP address on your internet connection.); go to properties, click on Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), choose properties again. Then make sure that use the following IP address is chosen, then enter your desired IP address in the box below that. If you're running Windows NT 4.0/2000/XP, a restart is not necessary.

I typed up these instructions from Windows XP, if you're running NT 4.0, they may be a little different on your side. You can check your current ip address by getting to a command prompt, then type in ipconfig/all, which will display all information about all of your connections. You can also just type in ipconfig, which will give you just the basic information.

Yes I've tried that before but it doesn't work. I mean I changed my IP number but I can't connect to any server. The only way I can connect to any server is by using the automatic configured button. By the way, I'm sharing DSL from another computer. This is not the main PC with DSL network. As you can see I'm not very good at computer so please try to explain as simple as posible.
thnx :D

Is it the internal IP on the LAN or the external DSL IP you want to change?

yeah, you aren't being very clear, this shouldn't be too hard to figure out. just a little info is needed:

WHICH IP you want to change, as Zedric said, as well as
Is your IP Static or Dynamic (if it's the external you wish to change)
Is it DHCP? in either case.
What is the Computer connected directly to the DSL running OS wise?
by "any server" you mean internal or external?

Provide as much info as possible, I can probably answer this question for you

It is not possible to change the IP address you receive from your ISP.

It's the external DSL IP that I want to change.
By the way what is a Proxy? can I fooled the server to think that my I'm from Hong Kong or something?

The thing you want to do CANNOT be done short of going to the cable company and accessing the customer records where they allocate a IP address for you (good luck)

If you have been banned from a server because of something you did... those are the consequences.

I assume you are using Cable (who in HK doesn't have cable pfffttt)...

Nah I didn't get banned. It's this Japanese game that I played. They've banned all internation user so I can't log on anymore :-(

you could get a spoof IP by telneting to a computer in Japan, so it's possible on some level, but that's not going to be an easy solution on many levels, so I think you are out of luck.

..... find someone in japan with an Xp pro computer, remote desktop to thiers and use connection from there to get to where you want............lol....weeeee

Hold on Guys...

You are ASSIGNED an IP address for a limited period of time by your ISP. If you do not use that IP address for X amount of time (decided by your ISP) then your IP will be given to somebody else and then when you log on again you will get a new one.

The only problem is how long before your IP lease expires. I think the best thing to do is to ask your ISP to change you IP address, if not ask them how long the lease is. Then you just need to leave your PC off until this time has expired and "Hopefully" you will get a new IP address.

Originally posted by TheBlueRaja
Hold on Guys...

You are ASSIGNED an IP address for a limited period of time by your ISP. If you do not use that IP address for X amount of time (decided by your ISP) then your IP will be given to somebody else and then when you log on again you will get a new one.

The only problem is how long before your IP lease expires. I think the best thing to do is to ask your ISP to change you IP address, if not ask them how long the lease is. Then you just need to leave your PC off until this time has expired and "Hopefully" you will get a new IP address.

You should read the actual problem before you assign an answer that will by no means solve the issue

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back