a verrrrrrrry sad day for me and millions dudes

E

eGoalter

layne staley, front man for alice in chains, was found dead in his apartment today....him and chains were a huge influence on my music writing.. it is such a waste of a legendary talent. there will never be another singer like him, alice in chains created one of the most versatile and influential hard rock that had soul and feeling.there never has been and never will be another band like alice in chains....such a waste.......and its his own fault,he finaly oded
on tha smack....:( :( :(

i know...sad sad...always been one of my favorite bands...scary part is i was listening to jar of flies when i read the news over at neowin...but i'm trying to be positive..they gave us some of the best music ever made..and his voice will never die...RIP Layne:(

ya no kidding

it pisses me off cause singers like him are rare....why do all the great ones die,its creepy, in a way though i figured it happen sooner or later...what with all his drug problems...
yes they did, give us great music, and theres still jerry cantrel...

Consider this:-
if he didn't die he could have ended up like Elvis, a fat talent-destroyed blob of useless obscene gloop.
Now that he's dead he will be seen and remembered at his prime. It was and is for the best I believe.

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler
Consider this:-
if he didn't die he could have ended up like Elvis, a fat talent-destroyed blob of useless obscene gloop.
Now that he's dead he will be seen and remembered at his prime. It was and is for the best I believe.
Aww, c'mon. Elvis ain't dead. I saw him at the Waffle House just last weekend. :p

Well, not to bring anyone else down, but in addition....my father died this morning of a heart attack as well. 53 years old, an active guy, perfect health...he never even got to retire. I'm a 21 year old college student and I just saw my father yesterday when they came to visit me, and i got the worse call of my life this morning. I'm set to graduate in 3 weeks...and he'll never see it. I just have to get this out because i loved him so very much....

K

this isn't supposed to happen, why does shit like this happen?!

My condolences, Kramer2k. It is a tough time. Try and keep strong. Look to whoever your "higher being" is for guidance.

My condolences Kramer2k to you and your family.

from me i offer my condolences.

a real shame about layne staley, great artist, (lets just hope Stabbing westward hang around)

i call my "higher being" Jack. i can always count on jack to be there for me. By the way, Jack's last name is Daniels. Jack Daniels....

Brad

PseudoKiller:

All people are important, not just your immediate family and friends. If you're only in it for your family, then I think you're taking an extremely selfish (and narrow-minded) approach to life. Having some compassion for your fellow man (or woman, as the case may be), whether or not you agree with his/her particular ethos, is paramount to living a life founded with any semblance of ethics.

You're pretty quick to judge people who you know almost nothing about. It's a peculiar relationship between celebrities and their fans...and one more complex than you may be willing to admit. Life, as we all well know, can be extremely taxing as it is--add to that the enormous pressure one must feel as a public icon, and maybe you might be able to understand why so many of them resort to using drugs. And, obviously, you've never been suicidal, so please don't even begin to speak for people who ended up taking their own lives. Neither you nor I can speak for Kurt Cobain or Michael Hutchence, so don't even begin to make assumptions into what they may or may not have thought about anything before they died.

You said Elvis could have walked away from it all--forgive me if I don't believe you. If what you meant to say was that he could have walked away from the entertainment business, then, surely, you were right. But (as I construe it), I don't think that's what you were getting at. What he couldn't walk away from was his life as an internationally-known celebrity adored by legions of fans and the stress and anxiety most certainly associated with it...life just doesn't work that way.

It bothers me when you said you don't feel even a bit of sadness at hearing of Layne Staley's death--that is cold-hearted remark. And, yes, you do owe him something. You owe him the respect and empathy due any other human being on the planet. To deny that is to deny in a sense your own humanity. And while I'm not necessarily advocating a utilitarian existence here, I am trying to awaken you to what seems to be your desensitizedness to life. Hell, I'm constantly disappointed with life, too, but that doesn't mean I have to harden myself to it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back