A suggestion, wrt mention of negative reps

Son Goku

No lover of dogma
I replied in thread where this was mentioned, but perhaps it should be mentioned here also.

http://forum.osnn.net/showpost.php?p=652363&postcount=51

One suggestion I would have... If they open the flood gates with negative reps; keep an eye on it's use in the political forum... If participants there start finding very high negative values (as peeps on the left and right side of an issue start negative rating other users), it could potentially open the door for contention that peeps all around might rather, not see :eek:

There has been a lot of good discussion, and :up: to everyone for having kept it all civil... Thus far, when rep has been given, it has come from both ends of the political spectrum (and even where peeps are on a dif side of an issue, but feel the post was note worthy anyhow). Great news...

But, if per chance (and it might not come up), peeps were to negative rep peeps posts in that one forum, on the basis of political disagreements/arguments...that could possibly get contentious. I don't think anyone would want to see that :)

Either negative repping should not apply to that one forum, or if it does (and is introduced all around), I do think it would be prudent to keep an eye to make sure no one turns around and mis-uses it when the sole basis is "I don't like your opinions" or something of that sort, with the other party getting upset, etc :eek:

Just a suggestion for the staff here...

I don't think negative rep at all, and I agree if it's there it shouldn't apply to that forum either...I like the dissagreement more then the agreement and that forum dissagreement is the only time there's an interesting thread, dissagreement is the best way to learn when it comes to politics

Good suggestion, and I agree completely. Negative rep should never be used because you disagree with somebody's opinion. Its uses in that forum would probably be on account of high disrespect.

I got a negative rep from Mainfraimguy in the green room, somthing to do with OT. Thanx Mainframeguy, much appreciated :rolleyes:.. I have noticed that since I got one, I can't give rep to anyone now. All it does when I click on it is go to the top of the page ...

Thanx Perris. I still cant' give them ,, Hmm - I'm not sure what it is ..

[edit]O.k It's firefox .. [/edit]

[edit][edit]I fixed it, I had to disable adblock, clean out everything, then restart the browser for it to work .. [edit][/edit]

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back