a quick html enquiry...

S

seeme

ive got a zip file on my web page with a hyperlink attached...

when i click on the hyperlink, rather than getting the option to download the file, explorer opens the zip file automatically..and takes me to a new page which shows me the contents of the zip file..

is there a way to stop this from automatically happening?

i want people to click on the hyperlink, and have to download the file...not have it open.

thanks,

jeremy

It depends on the persons (the user) setup the other end.
I dont think it can be done from the server side.

thats exactly what im thinking...and it sux...

actually, how can i stop my computer from doing this?

I have no answer for your question, but wanted to confirm that it is definitely your computer that is making it happen that way, I wouldn't worry much that your visitors are experiencing the same thing.

If you are using Windows XP you might want to disable zip folders.

I may be mistaken but isn't that an option in winzip?

if you use winzip look around in there

if not (or you don't find anything) check the file settings in explorer (tools ->file types) find zip files click advanced. make sure the first action is open with winzip (or whatever program, min says winzip) and that the option "confirm open after download" is ticked

thanks for the input. as always much appreciated...and YES i know its a saturday night..im about to go out!!!

;)

cheers, nighty night!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back