a question...

D

DAZZ

im wanting to format this computer, but i have many mp3s that i downloaded from kazaa i dont want to lose.

maybe 10GB+ :D :D, i also have a collection of music videos that my brother got...lots of GBs

what i want to do is send all my music and the other stuff from this computer to the other computer i have, while i format this computer, then ill send the mp3s to this computer after its formatted

i have 2 ethernet cards on this computer, and one connects to my cable moden, and another connects to my other computer, now what im asking is whats the fastest, safest way to transfer all those music to my other computer without damaging them, and stuff

sorry for the long msg :D

THANKS

crossover cable

But I'd really recommend backing up all your mp3's to CDR. You'll thank yourself one day.

crossover cable??/

im asking if theres a special way, like does windows xp have a special program to do this, or can i setup an ftp on one computer and send it to it throught ftp or will that not work

and i would backup them on cd-r but it would take like 100 cds to do that, plus along time ld

put them both in the same workgroup and you should be able to access them through Windows Explorer.

feel free to correct me if i'm wrong...been a long time since i've had to transfer files :)

Make sure the IP:s of the computers are in the same subnet as well (xxx.xxx.xxx.*). Then just transfer the files using normal Windows File Sharing.

so what ur tellin me to do is share a folder on the computer i want to tranfer the files to then goto it on this computer, and drag and drop the mp3s?

Yepp. Pretty much! :)

However it can be better to share the directory on the computer you are copying FROM. Then you will only be reading the share, not writing. Makes for less problems with file permissions.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back