A question about Norton Systemworks 2002 w/ Norton AntiVirus

Punkrulz

Somewhat eXPerienced
Ok, I am an avid gamer. Yes, with my crappy system, I do play a few games here and there, more preferably Ultima Online, and Counter-Strike. I have always been "wary" of Norton Auto protect. Will this in any way while being active, slow my computer down, slow me down?

no, it shouldn't slow your comp down unless you have ti set to auto scan every so often and you happen to have ti auto scan while you are playing a game, the only thing it will slighlty slow down is boot up since it has to load as windows loads

i've got nav and nis 2002 enabled full time on my puter and haven't had any conflicts or such , i spend alot of time playing
online, but haven't noticed anything wrong so far. i really wouldn't
consider disabling either one w/ all the crap floating around out
there!:cool:

i also have nav 2k2 and nis 2k2 and i play Counter-Strike and they do not conflict with my gaming... although if i am gonna host a server, it asks for rights of course

Only thing Ive had happen is it will do a autoscan of the system.. thats real nasty especially in a fire fight!!

Finally learned to turn the darn thing off before any serious playing.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back