A monitor question about Hrz

Engineer

OSNN Addict
I find that the lower the Hrz setting I have my monitor on the better the graphics quality. I was playing Battlefield Vietnam at 75 Hrz and moved it to 70 and it improved the graphics substantially.

I was always under the impression that the higher the Hrz on the monitor the better.

can someone clarify this for me?

Thanks
Engineer

LeeJend

OSNN Veteran Addict
Only if you can clarify "improved the quality".

What quality-
Made the FPS higher (i.e. reduced video lag)?
Reduced tearing?
Made the textures sharper?
Made the brightness better?
etc.

All increasing the vertical refresh rate does is reduce flicker. At 70-75 Hz flicker is pretty much not noticeable though at 70 Hz long term eye fatigue and headaches can still occur. I was using a 21 inch monitor at work that made my eyes hurt just glancing at it. The owner had vertical refresh set to 60 Hz with 1280 resolution, argh. (Yes, I fixed it for him.)

Engineer

OSNN Addict
Improved

Improved graphics, meaning reduced flicker. How do you check the fps?? As lag is another problem. I have an ATI 9700 Pro Vid card.

thanks
Engineer

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamesjacob