A little speed problem!

sounds like a memory leak somewhere....I've been kindof leaning torwards letting xp handle memory itself now but I was using a memory app called RAMpage that seemed to work well. I would recommend that for you...or even get 256 of ram... this seems to be the magic number that xp likes.

I've been doing the things you guys have been telling me, and nothing is working. I shouldn't be complaining because everything else is running really well now. I guess I just want it all!! Thanks for trying to help!
Tonya :D

I agree with Leedogg, you might want to add another 128 (or even more) of memory anyway

Gotta agree & it would not be a bad idea even if it was not the problem. More memory. Get another 128mb. Take it to 256mb minimum. You should see a big difference.

Tonya,

If you do decide to increase your memory I would recommend that you get a 512meg module, it will only run you about $50-55 at Crucial. Unless money is really tight it doesn't make sense to buy anything less than 512meg since you are going to pay $20 for 128 or $40 for 256. Adding 512meg to your computer will ensure that you are not limited by memory for the life of the system.

Thanks for the advice, I've never bought more memory so now I at least know a little about what I'm looking for! Ummm...You guys do remember that I'm not all that knowledgeable about computer stuff, right? I don't have the faintest idea what I'm supposed to be looking for. Are there different brands that are better, or are they pretty much the same? How do I know if it will work in my pc? Or do they all work the same? What's the best place to get it at? And you do realize that I don't have the faintest idea how to put the darn thing in when I do get it!
Tonya:D

Just go to the Crucial website, there is a link at the top of the page, you just tell them that you have an HP, then they will ask for which model, and then will show you what memory modules go with that model HP.

Tonya, i sincerely did not get you ..... could you try with other words....

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back