A Happy Sony Customer!

Black-Syth

Comalies
Hi, I'm just on today to brag about my new Sony Vaio. :p

I've never been a Sony fan. I own a PS2, but don't play it. The support for my Grandfather's Sony Vaio desktop was terrible.

Just two days ago, I bought a high end desktop replacement/entertainment center laptop from Sony. Before anything else, here's the bragging portion.

Specs:

1.7Ghz New core Centrino.
1 GB RAM
80GB 7200rpm HD
ATi Mobility Radeon 9700 64MB
17" 1920X1200 XBRITE Technology
Dvd-R/RW+R-RW + CD-R/RW
AV Entertainment Dock + Speakers
Memory Stick, IEEE 802.11b/g Wireless LAN

I'm very happy with this, and, once again, please excuse my showboating. The actual reason I'm posting, is to ask if this was a good deal. I paid about $3200 for the whole package with a 3 year warranty. Is there anything that anyone would recommend upgrading? Does anyone have an alternative to this laptop?

Also, the reason I purchased this from a Best Buy is because I have the security of being able to drive there, and getting it fixed or replaced. I don't have to send it in the mail and wait. Thanks in advance. :)

Nice. But explain something to me...why, if you dont like things Sony, would you buy a Sony PC?

truthfully i would have rather went with a compaq or HP or somethin. mostly because you'll probably pay less..... and cause of the fact that i've hated Vaio's ever since i got my PCV-RX540 Desktop from sony. really butchered the drives to get them into the stupid case they had. and now it seems like they did it again with their new media center-ish PC that has a open gap between the bottom half and top half of the case. This is the one i'm talkin about in case anyone doesn't know.
http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INT...aseriesdesktops&Dept=cpu_VAIODesktopComputers

Teddy said:
Nice. But explain something to me...why, if you dont like things Sony, would you buy a Sony PC?

It was the best laptop that Best Buy carried, I really had no choice. I already own their other high end laptop, it's an eMachines with an Athlon 64. Good PC, buit I needed another one. My family always has a shortage of PCs, but no more. :)

truthfully i would have rather went with a compaq or HP or somethin. mostly because you'll probably pay less..... and cause of the fact that i've hated Vaio's ever since i got my PCV-RX540 Desktop from sony. really butchered the drives to get them into the stupid case they had. and now it seems like they did it again with their new media center-ish PC that has a open gap between the bottom half and top half of the case. This is the one i'm talkin about in case anyone doesn't know.
http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INT...esktopComputers

I actually own a Compaq laptop, too. It's an X1000 with a 1.3 Centrino, and a 9200.

ED,

Saw that case yesterday, it was tapped. But I do think that the design *may* aid cooling a bit.

i think Alienware is even worse than Sony. even Bigger name to pay for. :rolleyes: if it was possible, and easy.... i'd build my own laptop. but...... you don't really see Laptop cases at computer shows, now do you?

problem is, if you have a problem with your laptop that isnt software based that can be easily fixed with a restore, such as hardware failure, bestbuy will mail it to sony. so either way, you get f*!*ed in the whole deal.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back