A Google story

FishBoy

Feeeesh
well google goes on and on this is a flash animation that talks about Google's future plans up to 2014 kinda freaky how the narrator gives exact date but interesting video to watch
Link

alot of that stuff isnt true, like the internet wasnt invented by that guy, it was invented by the american military back in 69, yes it was at first private but later became public. and that stuff bout googlezon i dont believe one bit, but its an interesting flash

themafia.69 said:
alot of that stuff isnt true, like the internet wasnt invented by that guy, it was invented by the american military back in 69, yes it was at first private but later became public. and that stuff bout googlezon i dont believe one bit, but its an interesting flash

well they didnt say the internet was made by tim burners-lee. they said he made the WWW. :smoker:

i thought the internet was first tested by stanford uni. and a couple of other schools as they tried to send files between each other and stuff and then the military took the idea to protect gov't information?

Well its an interesting thing..... really boggles the mind with google. I mean **** to think what the hell was said maybe a true thing of the future.....cool.....yet very scary.

well obviously it can't be true if the flash said on august of 2010 new york times is sueing google

Is this the one with the Googlezon story? If it is, it's pretty old. Interesting video, but it's just someone's speculation. Don't take it too seriously. ;)

FishBoy said:
i thought the internet was first tested by stanford uni. and a couple of other schools as they tried to send files between each other and stuff and then the military took the idea to protect gov't information?
That's partly correct. The first node of the internet is actually here at UCLA. Dr. Kleinrock is now an Emeritus Professor. The node is still around for historical purposes, I believe. I should find out if I can go see it sometime. :D

But yeah, the second node was established at Stanford and the first host-to-host message was sent from UCLA to Stanford.

More about it here, if you're interested: http://www.lk.cs.ucla.edu/LK/Inet/birth.html

NetRyder said:
The first node of the internet is actually here at UCLA. Dr. Kleinrock is now an Emeritus Professor. The node is still around for historical purposes, I believe. I should find out if I can go see it sometime. :D

But yeah, the second node was established at Stanford and the first host-to-host message was sent from UCLA to Stanford.

well, nobody will believe this, but I was the very first person to conceive the idea that's currently called the "inter"net

in fact, since the idea I came up with was to out source information over a network, I called the original idea "outer net"...

of course, in order to avoid litigation, the term was reversed and marketed before I could raise a stink

so now, instead of "outernet", which is the more accurate phrase, it's called "internet'

true

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back