a good video card, not too $$$

failurbydesign

music MUSIC music
Political Access
Like after shipping $60. Its goin with the new MB. Im not sure what to look for, i have an ati, but its pci and im not sure if i like it much! IF you tell me what to look for, ill check them out my self. I was lookin at the nvidia 6200..but im not too sure!

Re: a good agp card not too $$$

AGP is a dead technology. You should be using PCI-E. AGP cards are getting more expensive because they are not really being produced anymore.

EDIT: and you are not going to find a decent video card at all for $60

well the MB has an agp PCI Express x1 and 2 pci. Dont i need a PCI Express x16?

Im really not a big gamer justthe C&C line, so in reality agp will be ok right?

You probably don't want to go for a used card but at that price...

Used 6600GT or a 9800 PRO. These wre both decent, reliable cards that I would be comfortable buying used. The only thing you might have trouble iwth is the fans, but they can be replaced.

Are you sure you even have a AGP slot? AFAIK, there's only one PCI-E board that can use an AGP card.

whats AFAIK? Yea the board i ordered has a AGP and a PCI-E x1 slot

AFAIK = As Far As I Know

how about a link to the board you ordered?

Im still a little confused on the whole getto card thing :)

a 9800 Pro video card is a great choice.

sorry failurbydesign, I didn't catch the link first time around. I'll second the 9800 recommendation, even though video cards and games aren't quite my thing.

The tiny little bearings in the tiny little high speed fans have a limited life. Sometimes you get lucky and they last for 3-5 years sometimes they die in a year.

People who leave their computers on 24/7 to fold, etc. wear their fans out faster since they run at least 3x longer each day. Dusty environments can wear fans faster too.

PS You did know that the PCI-e 1x won't work with a video card right? The board is fine for APG.

LeeJend its ok you missed the link..i forgive you... :)

Yea i got the geforce 5500, ill see how that is, if i dont like it, ill check out that 9800...thnaks for all the help my fellow ossners (is that the correct way to say it?)!

The Osnn League of Nerds!

We're not nerds, we're geeks! Geeks get it done.

(Yeah, I know. I watch too much SCIFI channel.)

im a baby nerd, not up there yet!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back