A good reason to have realtime file scanning

chastity

Staff member
Political Access
Well I found a very good reason for having a anti-virus program that does realtime file scanning. See attached image

some stupid pop-up on a pretty useful site, the pop-up was related to adult content. I'm lookin for more info as its been awhile since I got one. For anybody lookin for more info about this virus check out the link.

Virus Info

Well I seen a similiar file on my computer like that.

After looking at a certain site (rather not say) :D

That's why I asked you earlier Chastity

hey not a probelm Timuwine. I thought the idea of finding out what it was since Hipster and you both asked, that way if anybody else is wondering they can check it out

it anit like a virus really just open's webpages up i had loadssssssssssssssssssssssss once off these warez site lol

wel i was wrong lol mine of must of been difrent

JS.Exception.Exploit is an exploit that allows Java applets to run arbitrary code on unpatched versions of Microsoft Internet Explorer. In many cases, the applet may perform simple actions, such as changing your Internet Explorer home page. However, it can also be programmed perform actions such as a mass mailing, as in the case of VBS.Loding.A@mm, or to create file on your computer that perform almost any malicious

and on ur norton's setting's dont quatrine the file auto delete cause it can still work lol and it's safer

Sometimes deleting the file causes it to harm your computer. You could say that it triggers something to harm your computer.

Well in my case it got quatrined then I deleted it. So I'm still sticking by my statement that is the name of the thread

Chastity - just a quick verification - as long as Auto-Protect is enabled, real time scanning is to turned on. Correct?

yep, also depends on the configuration.. if it's set to default then it should scan eveything that's run, opened, moved, copied, or downloaded, and email too..

Thanks RobbieSan - I am pretty much a "default" kind of guy!:D

i had that same virus, i just went in a manually removed it and all has been well, i have just been avoiding that same website so i don't get it again.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back