A good download manager

NetRyder

Tech Junkie
Hi!
Could some of you recommend a good download manager that is free? I had been using Download Accelerator until I found that it's spyware :(
I just wanted several people's opinion on which one they think is the best free one out there ... so many to choose from! :p

Getright. It has spyware , but it asks you if you want to install it or not. So you can not install the spyware.

star has no spyware, free version is as good as most paid versions...that and tons of other free programs are on this thread

WWW.flashget.com ...These people have the best one I have ever used and no spyware...forget all the rest I am sooo serious just try it out... it works much like download accel. in that it downloads in several parts at the sametime and puts them together...I'm on T3 and have had downloads run at 400 mbps!

gonna try that too, but it looks to me that when you use a download manager, you love it, and think it's best, therefore, I'm going to try any that're mentioned here, that have no spyware, and give my review...x...I have a personal moral policy against using any program that supports ad, or spyware in any fasion, even if they give the option not to install it...sorry:( :( :(

Originally posted by dealer
I have a personal moral policy against using any program that supports ad, or spyware in any fasion, even if they give the option not to install it...sorry:( :( :(
Not a bad policy. Glad to see you dealer.

flashget is my favourite...it had spyware before, but i think its gone in the latest release

My 2¢

FreshDownload-no ads, no spyware, easy to set up, can automaticaly run AV after download and best of all it's free.
Get it here:FreshDownload

flashget is amazing, after the debacle that is gozilla *lol* and apparently it's no longer spyware. just an ad banner which is *easily removed*... :)

theres no spyware in my Download Accelerator, using the latest ad-aware and ref file

Yeah I use Download Accelerator5 and have the full registered version, there IS NO spyware.

Now wether that is cos I got the full paid version i dont know, but it doesnt spy on me or have banners! :)

Thanks for all your opinions guys!! :)
I tried out StarDownloader and it seems to be a nice, cute little app. Works very well too. I guess I'll try out FlashGet too since all you guys have recommended it ... and then I'll decide which one I want to use.
I love this forum :D

make sure you post your preferance here, as I said, it seems like everybody likes what they're using, so a bias developes...you'll help settle the bias

Sure dealer! :D
I'm heading out to d/l FlashGet now.
Yay! I get to act as a tie-breaker :p j/k

Just realized that FlashGet is not freeware anymore ... its shareware, contains ads and nag-screens :( You have to pay to register.

I'm going to stick to banner-free StarDownloader ... I really think its good enough!

Originally posted by XPMagic
Hi!
Could some of you recommend a good download manager that is free? I had been using Download Accelerator until I found that it's spyware :(
I just wanted several people's opinion on which one they think is the best free one out there ... so many to choose from! :p

Try to use Fresh Download

www.freshdevices.com

FuN-bBeAr :p

Hi

I use Reget, which is pretty cool i think, allthough it is not freeware, it is certainly worth a try, and definetly the best download manager I have ever tried!

http://www.reget.com

Regards

Kvag Raddamoss

Download Manager

Hi There

A very good download manager is MetaProducts Download Express, it has a nice clean interface, options to control your downloads, has NO Spyware and best of all its FREE and a very small download.

Check it out below

http://www.metaproducts.com/mpFrames.html

Cheers

Dave

ok I know that this is a very old thread to revive :rolleyes: . I am looking for a good download manager that integrates well with IE6. I have been using Flashget for quite a while but somehow it misses some files sometimes and I have to download them through IE. I'd love it if someone knows how to make Flashget browser integration better.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back