A good download manager

Hi!
Could some of you recommend a good download manager that is free? I had been using Download Accelerator until I found that it's spyware :(
I just wanted several people's opinion on which one they think is the best free one out there ... so many to choose from! :p

D

DrRJS08

WWW.flashget.com ...These people have the best one I have ever used and no spyware...forget all the rest I am sooo serious just try it out... it works much like download accel. in that it downloads in several parts at the sametime and puts them together...I'm on T3 and have had downloads run at 400 mbps!

Perris Calderon

Administrator
Staff member
Political User
gonna try that too, but it looks to me that when you use a download manager, you love it, and think it's best, therefore, I'm going to try any that're mentioned here, that have no spyware, and give my review...x...I have a personal moral policy against using any program that supports ad, or spyware in any fasion, even if they give the option not to install it...sorry:( :( :(

xsivforce

Prodigal Son
Originally posted by dealer
I have a personal moral policy against using any program that supports ad, or spyware in any fasion, even if they give the option not to install it...sorry:( :( :(
Not a bad policy. Glad to see you dealer.

A

AmarSingh

flashget is my favourite...it had spyware before, but i think its gone in the latest release

L

louiskhorweiwu

flashget is amazing, after the debacle that is gozilla *lol* and apparently it's no longer spyware. just an ad banner which is *easily removed*... :)

S

stuy_b

Yeah I use Download Accelerator5 and have the full registered version, there IS NO spyware.

Now wether that is cos I got the full paid version i dont know, but it doesnt spy on me or have banners! :)

Thanks for all your opinions guys!! :)
I tried out StarDownloader and it seems to be a nice, cute little app. Works very well too. I guess I'll try out FlashGet too since all you guys have recommended it ... and then I'll decide which one I want to use.
I love this forum :D

Perris Calderon

Administrator
Staff member
Political User
make sure you post your preferance here, as I said, it seems like everybody likes what they're using, so a bias developes...you'll help settle the bias

Just realized that FlashGet is not freeware anymore ... its shareware, contains ads and nag-screens :( You have to pay to register.

I'm going to stick to banner-free StarDownloader ... I really think its good enough!

F

FuN-bBeAr

Originally posted by XPMagic
Hi!
Could some of you recommend a good download manager that is free? I had been using Download Accelerator until I found that it's spyware :(
I just wanted several people's opinion on which one they think is the best free one out there ... so many to choose from! :p

Try to use Fresh Download

www.freshdevices.com

FuN-bBeAr :p

K

Kvag Raddamoss

Hi

I use Reget, which is pretty cool i think, allthough it is not freeware, it is certainly worth a try, and definetly the best download manager I have ever tried!

http://www.reget.com

Regards

Kvag Raddamoss

delta4s

BLACK HAWK ALOFT
ok I know that this is a very old thread to revive :rolleyes: . I am looking for a good download manager that integrates well with IE6. I have been using Flashget for quite a while but somehow it misses some files sometimes and I have to download them through IE. I'd love it if someone knows how to make Flashget browser integration better.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut