A few stupid problems

acetken

"Anything for $50!"
Okay, first off I have an Intellimopuse Optical I bought specifically so I could use the two buttons on the side to go back and foreward on web pages. Now with the brand new drivers I got from the Windows Update site, the buttons stopped working. Without rolling back drivers or installing Intellimouse software, any ideas?
Secondly, I'm trying to share an internet connection on a cable modem that runs off either USB or LAN. Runs fine off LAN, but I can't share as we only have a hub and one net card each. I tried plugging the USB into my comp since I have XP and he only has 2K, but neither of us can get on the net then. (Yes, I have the latest drivers) I should be able to share it, but that's hard to do since I can't get on the net myself with it. The modem's a Terayon TJ210.
Third, my friend was trying to make a backup copy of his C & C Renegade game and it didn't work. Now whenever he installs it from the disc, it stops at 43% and won't go any more. He thinks that by trying to copy it, it burned a hole in his disc. I told him he was an idiot and that drives can't do that.

This is also coming from the guy who said that Windows XP was the first OS with a kernel. Is it even possible to HAVE an OS without a kernel??!

Boy... this is gonna be fun....

ALL Operating systems have a KERNAL, from windows 3.1 to Linux this is the part that makes em GO.... Although DOS didn't have a KERNAL.. but then again it was DOS...

To share a cable modem connection you may have to sign up for a second IP Address for the second computer , Usually runs a few more bucks a month , Mine charges $5.00 per Computer I add, I run 4 on the web off a hub.. the other part is that make sure the cable that you need to go to a hub is NOT a crossover cable to your modem.. from a PC it Should be if it's not going through a hub.... In other words... Computer to Modem=Crossover Cable, Computer to hub to modem= NO CROSS OVERS

Hope this helps

No, didn't help much. I knew that you couldn't have an OS with a GUI without a kernel. That wasn't my question, more of a side "Haha, isn't that funny" item. I also knew about the second IP purchasing. Problem is, I don't want to do it. I'm not there for the whole month.
Is there a way using what I have to do it?
Any answers for my real questions?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back