A few small yet annoying problems

C

cone

Hi all maybe you can help me. These aren't HUGE problems, but they are annoying still.

1. RoadRunner Medic (RRMedic) - I got this app from RR when I signed up for cable. The problem is, it doesn't detect my NIC. It used to under Windows 98SE and it's a handy little program that I would like to be able to use. I know my NIC is totally fine and working because I am online. :) It is a Linksys LNE100TX(v5) Fast Ethernet Adapter. Yes, I have the latest drivers for it.

2. MusicMatch Jukebox - Another "it worked in Win98" deal. Song title doesn't appear when minimized to taskbar. It just says "musicmatch jukebox".

3. I have no idea what caused this, but when I log on to xp, my floppy disk light flashes and I hear it looking for a disk. Annoying and slows down my boot time. This started when I disabled a bunch of services. Any idea which service would cause this to happen when disabled?

4. I am using the switches /e, /n (C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe /e, /n) in my Windows Explorer shortcut so it goes to the root dir rather than "my documents" It works fine but it says "C:\ - Microsoft Internet Explorer" In the title bar. Strange. If i use C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe /e, /n c:\, it does something similar to problem 3 where XP looks for a floppy, which wastes about 15 secs. Annoying.

Thanks to anyone who can help me get rid of these annoyances. Appreciate it :)

[cone]

ps- Im running XP Pro

Hi cone

1. No idea
2. No idea
3. It could your Antivirus software.
4. No idea

:)

well thanks for the response zman, I don't have an anti-virus running @ startup though. I guess everyone else is stumped.
:(

[cone]

as for #3, try going into your bios and disabling the floppy as a boot device

cone

Try one of these

%SystemRoot%\explorer.exe /e,c:
%SystemRoot%\explorer.exe /n, /e, c:\

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back