A few small yet annoying problems

C

cone

Hi all maybe you can help me. These aren't HUGE problems, but they are annoying still.

1. RoadRunner Medic (RRMedic) - I got this app from RR when I signed up for cable. The problem is, it doesn't detect my NIC. It used to under Windows 98SE and it's a handy little program that I would like to be able to use. I know my NIC is totally fine and working because I am online. :) It is a Linksys LNE100TX(v5) Fast Ethernet Adapter. Yes, I have the latest drivers for it.

2. MusicMatch Jukebox - Another "it worked in Win98" deal. Song title doesn't appear when minimized to taskbar. It just says "musicmatch jukebox".

3. I have no idea what caused this, but when I log on to xp, my floppy disk light flashes and I hear it looking for a disk. Annoying and slows down my boot time. This started when I disabled a bunch of services. Any idea which service would cause this to happen when disabled?

4. I am using the switches /e, /n (C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe /e, /n) in my Windows Explorer shortcut so it goes to the root dir rather than "my documents" It works fine but it says "C:\ - Microsoft Internet Explorer" In the title bar. Strange. If i use C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe /e, /n c:\, it does something similar to problem 3 where XP looks for a floppy, which wastes about 15 secs. Annoying.

Thanks to anyone who can help me get rid of these annoyances. Appreciate it :)

[cone]

ps- Im running XP Pro

C

cone

well thanks for the response zman, I don't have an anti-virus running @ startup though. I guess everyone else is stumped.
:(

[cone]

S

Static 99

cone

Try one of these

%SystemRoot%\explorer.exe /e,c:
%SystemRoot%\explorer.exe /n, /e, c:\

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dopexoity