a "cure" for the hiccups

haha good one hicups piss me off, and i get them a lot, whenever i drink a pepsi or a fizzy drink i get hicups, or when i eat something spicy, its hereditary from my dad, and my grandpa! :(

so?

has anyone remembered to try this "massage the pinky thing yet?

It has worked for me. But, then again, you probably already knew that. ;)

bumpage

anybody else remember to try this? (I forgot to give it a go)

did it work?

I found a good way to get rid of them. All hiccups are is your diaphram going nuts and forcing air out of your lungs. All you have you to do is put you hand on your stomach (under your lungs) and just tell it to relax, and take a small but deep breath. It works 99% of the time for me, I rarely have more than 2 hiccups in a row doing this. I have done it so long, now all I have to do is to just tell it to stop. Works great :) let me know if it helps anybody

Take the largest gulp of water you can. It expands the esophagus which is having spasms. It works for me every time

Last edited:
I still massage my knuckle whenever I get them, and it usually works. :)

i dont know just let the hiccups go on until it goes away i dont think aobut what todo about it but i dont getthem that much

I finally remembered to try this

it didn't work and I still have the hiccups

muzikool said:
A buddy of mine was in line with his brother at a grocery store a while back, and his brother got a violent attack of the hiccups... they just kept coming and he couldn't stop them. An older Asian man standing in line behind them noticed and asked the brother to reach out his right hand. He did, and the man rubbed the bottom joint of his little finger for a few seconds, only applying a bit of pressure. The hiccups immediately stopped.

When my buddy told me the story, I figured his brother was just caught off-guard by the strange situation and his hiccups stopped for that reason. But the next time I got the hiccups, I tried the same thing and it worked. Since then, I've told quite a few friends when they had hiccups and it worked for them as well. So I'm spreading the good news for anyone who might need it! Just take the thumb and index finger on your left hand and gently squeeze the bottom joint of the little finger on your right hand while rubbing in a circular motion. It should only take a few seconds to work! :D

Sounds kinky :smoker:

zeke_mo said:
I found a good way to get rid of them. All hiccups are is your diaphram going nuts and forcing air out of your lungs. All you have you to do is put you hand on your stomach (under your lungs) and just tell it to relax, and take a small but deep breath. It works 99% of the time for me, I rarely have more than 2 hiccups in a row doing this. I have done it so long, now all I have to do is to just tell it to stop. Works great :) let me know if it helps anybody
Sounds like you are a Jedi, you and your mind tricks :cool:

A teacher got rid of mine in Choir by pulling aout a $100 bill nas telling me if I could do it again it was mine. Needless to say i wasn't any richer that day.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back