a couple of KPF problems

muzikool

Act your wage.
Political Access
Kerio PF is giving me some trouble, and I can't figure out what is going on. Both issues I'm having seem to occur when I'm logged off (switch user) for a long period of time (like overnight).

First off, when I log back in, the system tray icon is gone. The two processes, kpf4gui and kpf4ss, are still running, but no icon is present and I can't get to the GUI.

Second, when I log back in, my IP has dropped. Sometimes it's a 169, and sometimes the addresses look normal, but I can't connect to anything. So I release and renew, but can't pull a new IP. The only solution that works is to restart altogether.

I'm almost positive that the second issue is related to KPF, because I never experienced the problem before using the firewall. Also, I have another computer on the network running NIS, and it isn't having any problems.

For the 2nd issue make sure KPF is set up with proper DHCP rules.

The default rules is something like:

DHCP - local port 68 remote port 67 UDP In/Out

For the first issue i suggest you post it in the Kerio Forum:

http://www.broadbandreports.com/forum/kerio

It may be a issue with user switching again.

I have everything set to default as far as the predefined rules go. I'm not sure that I noticed this happening until after I decided to deny low priority intrusions in the IDS (to drop the ICMP PINGs). Could this possibly have something to do with it?

I don't believe so no. Re-enable ICMP on the IDS. The actual rules for ICMP are governed under the network tab's predefined settings.

I reset all the predefined settings to default last night, but I still had no IP when I logged back in. However, I got a KPF error message about the buffer, which I remember seeing an answer to on Kerio's FAQ. I will try that solution and see if it also takes care of the other issues.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back