• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

A couple group policy issues

Punkrulz

Somewhat eXPerienced
Hey guys,

I'm having some weird issues here with GPO's. I'm trying to use GPO's to make machines automatically check the local WSUS Server for Updates. There are a few machines that are having some strange issues, so I have a few questions.

If I have a GPO that's specifying a computer to look at a WSUS Server every Monday at 12... and I go to that machine, and look at the local policy, should the local policy now reflect what's in the GPO? Should gpedit.msc state that it should check every Monday @ 12? Or would the Local Policy specify it's own settings, but the GPO applies?

GPResult states that the SUS Policy is applying to the machines... though when I go to gpedit.msc, it reflects something different. Sometimes it reflects that the options aren't enabled at all. Sometimes it reflects the changes that I made locally in gpedit.msc, though not the changes from the GPO being handed down from the domain.

I have a computer that WSUS claims it hasn't reported since 9/6/06. Now when I looked at gpedit.msc, it stated that there were no settings being applied. Now when I set it locally on that machine in GPEdit, those settings will stick, though it will still not report to the SUS Server.

Any ideas?

Mooz

Moozically Con~foozed
your best solution from my experience is to use gpmc and try the group policy modeling test on the pc account you feel to be at fault .... i have found this to be pretty reliable.

further as a final sanity check clear the event logs on the client and do cmd prompt gpupdate /force /logoff ... when you log back on leave it two minutes and check the event logs for errors.

if the model fails to apply the settings (which i doubt) .. drop me a pvt message.

finally you can look in the registry for the applied setting on the client (google wsus reg settings)....

you didnt state wsus 1 or 2 so i am stuck for more answers at the moment.

if you need any more help please shout!

and if this post has helped in any way please click the lickle yella star !

D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
poordown814