A closer look at the Xbox 360...

NetRyder

Tech Junkie
AnandTech takes a look at the unit itself, the removable hard drive, the new Xbox Live interface, MP3 player connectivity, and the wireless controllers. Lots of detailed pictures in the article. :)

front.jpg

http://www.anandtech.com/tradeshows/showdoc.aspx?i=2424&p=2

Every time I see a new picture it just seems to get prettier :p

Excellent, personally I would have gone with the option of rechargabel batteries and a kind of stand to mount the pads on so they could charge!

Electronic Punk said:
Excellent, personally I would have gone with the option of rechargabel batteries and a kind of stand to mount the pads on so they could charge!
That is a possibility too. From the article:

AnandTech said:
The round 1/8" connector is for the Xbox Live mic/headset, while Microsoft isn't officially stating what the two connectors on the left and right are for, we figure it is related to charging the controller. The top of the controller also features a new connector, once again one that Microsoft is being very quiet about.
:)

This is excellent news, tho I am not sure why MS are being quiet - I will start asking questions - I won't be such an avid gamer on the thing, but I think I am going to have to have one :p

I guess if it is going to be $300 - then it will be £300 tho :eek:

Got two Xboxes at the moment, will have to start making space on my shelf.

Electronic Punk said:
This is excellent news, tho I am not sure why MS are being quiet - I will start asking questions - I won't be such an avid gamer on the thing, but I think I am going to have to have one :p

I wouldn't be surprised if we see £350, more would be pushing it, but we do seemed to get dicked with pricing.

You have two xBoxes....... in one building? that even possible?

SPeedY_B said:

Haha :D

Yeah, I don't know why they don't just use standard currency conversion? People in Australia are even worse off.

You guys will be lucky if its £300, because last time it was something like £479 (though they have said it will be less than that this time :p).

SPeedY_B said:

Me thinks he don't play no games on one O dem. Me thinks some mysterious OS lurks in one O dem Xboxzzzezzzz.

Electronic Punk said:

I think you'll find that the Xbox will be priced around 250 pounds this time around in the UK, as microsoft came under heavy fire last time, due to the enormous exchange rate.

If i'm wrong i'm gonna be buying loads of US Xboxes and exporting them to the UK.

Any takers? :)

^ Yeah, but then you'll have to export people games as well. The whole DVD region thing.

I intend to make mine multi-region anyway, I despise the whole PAL/NTSC/Region lock out idea. It's just an annoyance and I've modified every console I've owned to play imported games. Should mods be released soon enough, I'll be importing a 360 from the states :)

MS plans to release 360 with a simultaneous worldwide launch. Well maybe a 3 or 4 weeks apart in each region (NA, Europe, Japan). Not sure if they can pull it off, but they keep on mentioning that the launch window worldwide will be almost the same.

Therefore I doubt mods will be available that fast :p

well as people will always buy consoles that are not in their region i think it may work.

I bought one damaged off ebay and cleaned it, was no longer damaged... Funny how having half a carpet inside the case can give it problems.

Electronic Punk said:
I bought one damaged off ebay and cleaned it, was no longer damaged... Funny how having half a carpet inside the case can give it problems.
Hahaha, classic. :D

awesome, but try doing it again, that was good luck.

Definatly, the guy who sold to me it said he had problems with it's DVD drive and couldn't play Ghost Recon 2 with it -- I found save games on the HDD (as well as his xbox live details ... oops) so dunno what the score was.

Frankly, I reckon it was cos of the muck. It is still missing pretty much all of its torx screws and rubber feet, trying to look for replacements.

I dunno, I don't particularly want 2 xboxes and an xbox 360 :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back