9800pro with dual dvi?

Taurus

hardware monkey
i'm going to be getting a 9800pro 128mb as a late xmas present as soon as i pick out which one from where. i'm looking around for one that has two dvi ports because i swore i saw one a while back, but i could be thinking of another card. does anyone know of one that exists?

want to have my lcd hooked up as well as this puppy for my tv. :D

other question; are there manufacturers to look out for? any of them have cheaper memory? anything i should know? looking at this one so far. thanks.

if you wanted a 9800pro with dual dvi... you would need to get a firegl card based on the same gpu and flash the bios.. thats the only way afaik :)

hte hdtv adaptor is pretty kewl btw... from the sounds of it... I have read some people's comments on it and they are all happy.. :D

Recently I purchaced an ATI Radeon 9800Pro, and the only thing I don't like about it is the stock cooling device.

The best looking 9800Pro I've seen is Asus's but their software always seems to need some work...

chaos945 said:
Recently I purchaced an ATI Radeon 9800Pro, and the only thing I don't like about it is the stock cooling device.

The best looking 9800Pro I've seen is Asus's but their software always seems to need some work...
i agree, teh hsf on the stock radeons is adequate at best. though people can still manage good overclocks with it, i intend on replacing it. probably with a stock amd heatsink. :)

the asus one only comes in 256mb flavor and runs at least $400. i'm aiming for sub-$300 with the 128mb.

Sazar said:
if you wanted a 9800pro with dual dvi... you would need to get a firegl card based on the same gpu and flash the bios.. thats the only way afaik :)

hte hdtv adaptor is pretty kewl btw... from the sounds of it... I have read some people's comments on it and they are all happy.. :D
though, getting the firegl card would be futile since it doesn't support the hdtv adapter. unless it does but just needs to be flashed..?

eh, at any rate a 9800-based firegl card would cost me twice as much as the radeon. heh. thanks, though.

i decided i'll look into getting an 8500le (lowest that supports hdtv adapter) for my media pc which is the one hooked up to the tv (s-video right now) anyway. 8500le 64mb and hdtv adapter. look kosher?

if its just multimedia you are looking for... yah it looks kewl :)

the firegl card should have the same capabilities as the 9800 series card... at more than twice the cost :eek:

okay okay, last question. actually, it's just more of a verification. i need someone to hold me and tell me everything with be okay. :p

sapphire's is $259 and ati's is $275. the pcb design, heatsink design, and bundled cables/adapters are practically identical. i've heard enough good things about sapphire to go with them and save 16 bucks. but that's not much so if there's a tiny reason to go with ati, i will. maybe warranty reasons? easier to rma? something? :confused:

[edit] the sapphire shows a 1-year warranty while the ati flaunts a 3-year. looks like ati it is.
:)

Taurus said:
if there's a tiny reason to go with ati

For a limited time, with the purchase of this graphics card, receive a FREE document folder!!!!!*
I paid $246.20 USD for my ATI Radeon 9800Pro.

:D

*(While Supplies Last)

:p

well, could i pay the same amount? care to share this find? if not, then shaddap. ;)

another question... what about dvi interfaces on tv's? has anyone ever got that working from their comp? i'm in the market for a new 480p/1080i tv and wondering if i could just use the dvi connection most come with. that would be suh-weet. :cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back