9800 pro

Taggert_LOA

Modding Addict
Political Access
i recently came across a saphire 9800 pro 256mb agp 8x w/dvi, for 202.00 USD.
i now have a debranded antec 400w PSU. i was wondering what good PSU should i step up to run this card? here is what is currently running:
3 80mm fans
1 CoolerMaster Jet Master4
1 HDD
1 CDRW drive
1 Floppy Drive.
ATI 9600 SE.
Any Helpful input would be greatly suggested.

you could probably pull of sticking with your current 400w psu. if you really need to replace it i would get a ttgi superflower, something like the one here. super flowers are cheap and very high quality, i have one myself and i would highly recommend it to anyone else.

your psu should be more than adequate to run that card and the peripherals..

i had no problems running my setup on an SL series 400w psu from antec... it died on me, yes... but I think it was more to do with the age of the psu than the load on it...

the most important number to look @ wrt a system == the amps on the 12v rail... none of the components you have listed are going to stress a psu above 300-350w's...

im running 2 hard drives, 5 fans, fan controller and hardcano, 1 cd-rw, floppy, and a 9800 pro all on a 300 watt psu and it works fine. btw i also have the sapphire 9800 pro. got it for $212 total with tax and free shipping on newegg new.

I'm running my system (~XP2800 & 9800 PRO) off a 350W antec with no problems. See signature for full details. Just make sure you have plenty of 5v and 12V amperage (25A and 14A respectively).

I also have an older Antec that has too much 12V and not enough 5V for newer equipment so you do need to check.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back