9800 Core Temp??

Gary Pandher

OSNN Senior Addict
Anyone know where the 9800 SE/Pro/XT Core temp should be around
i have a temp meter and when i place the little sensor between the gpu heatsink and the gpu processor it gives me a temp of 65*C, this seems like a LOT...that was with the case open and all i did was boot up the cpu
cpu and mobo run very cool however (see sig)

hmm
im thinking i had the sensor in tooooo far between the heat sink and the gpu core..i placed it inbetween the two from the side now and im getting a reading of 41.5*C which sounds resonable so i guess its all good

not sure what the operating temps will be but I have seen some people running their gpu's @ around the 70C mark and higher...

not something I would recommend... just saying it has been done :) so its likely the pcb can handle higher temps...

Some person posted this on another site. They have a 9800:

What are you getting for heat readings on your 9800
With modded cat 3.9's and overclock 360/281 I'm getting 45.3C at idle and 51.4C full load.
Has anyone else tested for heat readings.
And does anyone know the absolute temp that the R350 can handle.

Maybe you can use these as a guide?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back