9700 pro 128 refresh rate problem

_kC_

OSNN Senior Addict
hi, i just upgraded from a nvidia gf4mx460 64mb too a ati radeon 9700 pro 128mb.....

whilst on the old card @ 1152 resolution, my monitors best refresh rate was 75hz,

i installed the new ati card, and in properties/settings i set the desktop too the same 1152 resolution, and i noticed my monitors best refresh rate i could select was still 75hz..
but even though it says 75hz in the settings box, my monitor is only at 60hz

(my monitors OSD shows refresh info)

any ideas? im new too ATI cards, is there some patch or fix for this?

(im running xp pro and the latest ati catalyst from ATI site
wxp-w2k-catalyst-8-00-040322a-014266c.exe)

thanks
kC :eek:

Go into your Advanced Display Properties (with all the tabs). Click the "Displays" tab, then click the "Monitor" button. Uncheck "Use DDC Information". Click "Apply", choose your max refresh and max resolution, click "Apply" again.

Woop woop!

w00p w00p indeed :D

worked a treat, thanks a lot for the info

kC :eek:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back