9600Pro gives bad graphics, help

dubstar

format c:
check my screen shots.. i downloaded the newest drivers and its not looking too pretty.

with the options on the graphic card, im used to just resolution and 16 or 32bit color, now i have so many options, what can i do?

*if you cant tell, the words on the buttons should be white, but fuzzy and black*

Is that 800x600 Screen Resolution?

You could try a higher screen resolution with 32bit colours. Try 1280x1024 screen resolution with 32bit colours. See what that does

You did download the latest drivers as in ATI Catalyst 3.7?

Alex :cool:

thats 800x600, the only Res diablo lets you play in.

driver version: 6.14.10.6378

downloaded it from the site just today.

how about uninstalling the drivers and re-installing them?

Did you have this problem with any older drivers?

Origionally posted by wyrlwyn
wow sux to be you
Whats the point in posting that comment? :confused:

alex, i just put this computer together last night, so every problem is new. :D

i'll try deleting and reinstalling them

Yeah, ok there are too many options on the card. Realised this as I started to make a list of things for you to check...

Under advanced settings:
On direct 3d and open GL tabs set -
Set antialiasing and anisotropic filtering to Application preference (check boxes).
Set texture and mipmap to high quality (slider ot the right).
Make sure vert sync is set to "wait for" or aplication preference.
-----------------------------
Set color to default

Set displays to what you have (CRT, flat panel , etc.)

Set monitor to 70 Hz or best it will support at your desktop screen resolution(do not exceed the monitor rating it can fry!)

Also what monitor are you using. If a generic what are its max resolution and frequency?

Whatever you do don't panic. The 9600 PRO is a good card. I paniced with my 9500 PRO because the first driver I installed defaulted vsync off and I thought the card did not work with my favorite game. :eek:

I just looked through that checklist of yours LeeJend and noticed that most of those are defaultly setup if not all of them

So when the Drivers have been re-installed, they will be setup like your checklist including the monitor because it will make it as 800x600/1024x768 (one of the two) screen resolution

But its worth a double check over just to make sure its all as the checklist LeeJend posted :)

ok, this time instead of installing the 3.6 cats over the ones from the cd, i uninstalled first, and it made all the difference.

thanks guys. also, im setting it up like you said leejend. thanks.

-its weird how when you put your first computer together, every trouble shooting fact you know flys out the window, and you panic! haha, i just came to that realization. :D

lol yea i can agree with you there dubstar :p.. panic hour! :p

Glad you got it sorted out and its nice to see another ATI Radeon 9600Pro around ;). I bought mine recently :D.. love the card since ive upgraded from a Geforce 2 MX400 :p

HEY EVERYONE DUBSTAR ISN'T A VIRGIN ANYMORE.

He's successfully done his first computer. ;-)

Originally posted by LeeJend
HEY EVERYONE DUBSTAR ISN'T A VIRGIN ANYMORE.

He's successfully done his first computer. ;-)

har :D

Dubstar, you could also try the Omega drivers for your card. They are unofficial but based on the Cats

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back