9600pro and Ti4800Se question

M

mokuni

ok, a friend of mine bought a 9600pro and is thinking of going to a Ti4800SE. i told him that the 9600pro is the newer card (dx9) compared to the Ti (dx8). Tell me in benchmark wise e.g. 3dmark 2001 and 2k3, which would be better. i mean obviously the 9600 would piss during the 2k3 benchmark.

how else would i tell him that the 9600pro is MUCH better then the Ti4800SE? you guys/gals know the specs for both?

and another q. he is using the ti4800 at 4x. wouldnt that be a Ti4200 then?

Originally posted by mokuni
ok, a friend of mine bought a 9600pro and is thinking of going to a Ti4800SE. i told him that the 9600pro is the newer card (dx9) compared to the Ti (dx8). Tell me in benchmark wise e.g. 3dmark 2001 and 2k3, which would be better. i mean obviously the 9600 would piss during the 2k3 benchmark.

how else would i tell him that the 9600pro is MUCH better then the Ti4800SE? you guys/gals know the specs for both?

and another q. he is using the ti4800 at 4x. wouldnt that be a Ti4200 then?

the 9600pro is better in synthetic benchmarks which you don't play... and is better in real world games that you do play...

tell him to buy both... try em out side by side and then stick to the one he likes better coz thats the only way he is going to be able to see for himself which is better...

:)

there are other benchmarks out there... such as aquamark3 and tomb raider and halo...

-edit-

and a 4800se is really a 4400... a 4200 is slightly slower in most situaions... agp 4x - 8x nets no significant gains... perhaps an fps here and there... not really much...

Where do I fing these aquamark,tombraider an halo benchmarks?

Originally posted by kitct
Where do I fing these aquamark,tombraider an halo benchmarks?

the aquamark 3 benchmark

tombraider bench comes with the game as does halo...

alternatively you can download fraps and run that to see your ingame fps and also your avg fps when you exit the program... its a nice little tool getting more workout since the whole cheating/optimizations controversy...

Nice.Thanks Sazar.I always enjoy the demos.I remember gettin the 3dmark 2000pro an then the 3dmark 2001pro when they first came out.Was when I got my first computer.Always liked a machine that would make a good showin on those and other benchmarks.I liked that little game that you can play that comes w/the 2001pro too.Been a while since Ive done much w/em.But the demos are always fun to watch! :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back