9600 xt skips

Unknownxeno

OSNN Newbie
Ok I'm new and I've been having this problem for awhile I'm not sure if its my video cards problem but really I'm stuck. Okay So I'll be playing a game like halo and Star wars galaxies and every hmm.. 1-2 min. It will randomly skip, like go from 30 fps to 1 to 2 and so on .. than just go right back. Seriously its bugging the crap out of me lol. :mad:

please provide more information about your system as well as info on any background apps you may be running so that we can help you...

the more info you give us.. .the better we can assist you :)

Could be alot of things.

Does the harddrive work during this time?
What OS do you have?
Computer specs?
Have you exited all programs before playing?

Well here are my specs

2.08 ghz
1 gig of ram
Amd athlon 2800+
9600 xt 128 mb

And while I was searching around the forum I found another thread that has the identical problem I have but I have the omega drivers installed and it still freezes of frequently.

and no I don't have any background servies open.

would it be possible for you to open taskmanager (ctrl + alt + del in windows) and post a screenshot of the services open?

your system should theoretically not be lagging like you have described with the devices you have in play...

if you are @ a high resolution with a high level of detail, it is possible to chug the card in certain situations, but it should not be a regular occurence @ a random time during gameplay...

Perhaps Win Update or your anti virus updating?

Are you spyware free? Nothing calling out?

I had that problem with my old setup, but not as often. It was just the computer loading more of the game or the next section from the harddrive. If you stay in one area does it still happen?

Just to let you all know I fixed it I did have one program open while playing games *ram idle pro* and it seems it would always refresh the ram each couple of min without me knowing, so I didnt really think it was that. Well I stopped using that now and it works fine heh ..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back