9600 xt or FX5700 Ultra 128MB DDR-2?

They are both pretty much even in performance, the FX5700U having more raw power and usually better in DX8.1, while the 9600XT is quite a bit faster in DX9 and when using AA and AF. The 9600XT also has auto-overclocking, though apparently the new nvidia drivers (55.xx series) will also have this feature, so it pretty much even. Nvidia tends to have better Linux support, dont know if your after that though.

I would wait like a month or two cause there are supposed to be new offerings from Nvidia and ATI and that will most likely mean price drops on the older cards

Tuffgong4 said:
I would wait like a month or two cause there are supposed to be new offerings from Nvidia and ATI and that will most likely mean price drops on the older cards
$200 gets you a 9800Pro at newegg it seems, heck some GeForce 5900 Non ultras are lower than $200, GeForce 5900XT are low priced too. These have 256bit mmeory interface a hell lot better than 128bit mmeory interfaced cards like 9600XT or 5700U...in terms of performance when Anti aliasing is needed.

nice to see you FINALLY posting here MUYA :)

took you long enough :D

now visit the benchmarks section and populate...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back