9600 xt or FX5700 Ultra 128MB DDR-2?

They are both pretty much even in performance, the FX5700U having more raw power and usually better in DX8.1, while the 9600XT is quite a bit faster in DX9 and when using AA and AF. The 9600XT also has auto-overclocking, though apparently the new nvidia drivers (55.xx series) will also have this feature, so it pretty much even. Nvidia tends to have better Linux support, dont know if your after that though.

Tuffgong4

The Donger Need Food!!!!
Political User
I would wait like a month or two cause there are supposed to be new offerings from Nvidia and ATI and that will most likely mean price drops on the older cards

MUYA

OSNN Junior Addict
Tuffgong4 said:
I would wait like a month or two cause there are supposed to be new offerings from Nvidia and ATI and that will most likely mean price drops on the older cards
$200 gets you a 9800Pro at newegg it seems, heck some GeForce 5900 Non ultras are lower than $200, GeForce 5900XT are low priced too. These have 256bit mmeory interface a hell lot better than 128bit mmeory interfaced cards like 9600XT or 5700U...in terms of performance when Anti aliasing is needed.

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Staff member
Political User
nice to see you FINALLY posting here MUYA :)

took you long enough :D

now visit the benchmarks section and populate...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ganster