92-to-120mm case fan funnel?

ElementalDragon

The One and Only
Anybody know a reliable website where i might be able to find a case fan funnel to convert from a 92mm case fan space, to a 120mm case fan? would like to get a funnel instead of taking the effort to cut the holes in the back of my case to fit it in.

Well be aware that using a funnel may increase the noise that a 120mm fan would generate.

yeah..... but so does using velcro to hold a 120mm fan over a 92mm fan hole like i've been doing for the past month or a few..... and also has the added bonus of reducing the overall airflow of the fan.

What is your second choice? All the adapters I can find are 80 to 120mm. I think you're SOL. 92mm is not a very common size.

Plan B is build your own.

But why? Choking the 120mm down to 92 will increase noice, reduce airflow and make the fan wear out sooner due to increased back pressure. The whole point of 120mm is to make a big opening and move air through it slowly as opposed to a smaller opening with faster air velocity.

The 120mm fan has almost 80% more area, that means the air can flow at 80% less velocity. I doubt a PC fan can produce sufficient head pressure to keep the air flow up so the results will not be good.

the right answer is get out the nibbler and expand the hole.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back