9000 somthing points on 3D Mark 2001SE

_DM_

OSNN Senior Addict
Wtf is up with this? Since I switched from a Geforce 2 MX to a Radeon 9700 pro I'v been gettin these scores. Wtf is wrong with this? I cleared the Geforces in the regedit file. How can I reach to 10,000 points or more? I got a 1.6 Ghz P4, 256 mg DDR Ram, and a Radeon 9700pro. Whats causing this problem?

other people with a p4 1.6ghz and 9700pro get in the 9000's, too. only a select couple get above 10000... and they've likely got their 9700pro overclocked pretty well and have agressive timings on their memory... or simply faster memory.

you're pretty good off with your current setup. a cpu upgrade would really give you results now, though. that's your bottleneck.

Well, firstly correct the 3dmark link in your sig. At the moment it is http://http//service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=6166092

Is your processor is the P4 1.6A? (Northwood version with 512k L2 cache). If not, that will be your problem. If you do have the 1.6A, it is a very good overclocking chip, 1ghz+ overclocks are not unheard of, so get started ;) Oh wait, intel mobo, maybe not then...

It is usually best to reinstall windows after any major hardware upgrade and I think if you do this you will see the best performance from your card...

man I want to get started but my Dell comp has put some sort of lock on overclocking in the bios. Is there a way to bypass this?

No way around this although you can try either softFSB or cpuFSB, which are software overclocking programs. Do a search on the forum, I've talked about them many times...

i have yet to see those types of programs work well. especially on locked-bios systems like dells. but good luck anyway. :)

Originally posted by _DM_
man I want to get started but my Dell comp has put some sort of lock on overclocking in the bios. Is there a way to bypass this?

your system is designed to meet certain standards... oc'ing it is likely going to void your warranty :)

enjoy the GAMES... don't rely on 3dmark so much :)

its a nice guide but not the do all/end all of it :)

Wtf is up with this? Since I switched from a Geforce 2 MX to a Radeon 9700 pro I'v been gettin these scores. Wtf is wrong with this? I cleared the Geforces in the regedit file. How can I reach to 10,000 points or more? I got a 1.6 Ghz P4, 256 mg DDR Ram, and a Radeon 9700pro. Whats causing this problem?

btw the thing 'causing' the problem is your 100mhz fsb :)

if you can kick up the fsb your score will rise nicely...

HOW DO I INCREASE MY FSB?! Its in the Bios area right?

yes... unless it is locked like in some systems :)

note : increasing fsb == overclocking.. make sure you know what you are doing i.e. in terms of your systems tolerances before doing so...

Not on your system. Dell and other companies like HP and IBM put a custom bios in their systems which don't allow you to change much. Its a way of reducing their support costs from people who stuff something up in there...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back