9/11 Movie starring Nicholas Cage

Nick M

OSNN Veteran Addict
Source: NY1:
http://ny1.com/ny1/content/index.jsp?stid=1&aid=52024

A feature film based on the September 11th terror attacks is now in the works, with two Oscar winners at the helm.

Two-time Academy Award winner Oliver Stone will direct the film which will center on the last two men rescued after the collapse of the Twin Towers.

Oscar winner Nicholas Cage will star as Port Authority Police Sergeant John McLoughlin.

Mcloughlin and fellow officer William Jimeno became trapped while they tried to rescue others from the World Trade Center.

Lieutenant McLoughlin was removed from the wreckage 22 hours after the towers fell with help from an Army Reserve captain. McLaughlin has had over 30 surgeries during his recovery. He retired from the Port Authority Police Department in June, 2004.

Paramount Pictures expects the film to be released sometime next year.

No word on what the movie will be called.

Are they for real?! :ermm: Does anyone else find this absolutely preposterous?

hmm....... let's see....... what might the movie be called? well, they have been coming up with some crappy pointless titles for some movies. Might they call it Rescue 9/11?

That sounds about their pace. It wouldn't be so bad if the profits from it were to go the the vicitims of 9/11.

Don't really care that Nicholas Cage is in it, not cared for his movies for a while.
If it is Oliver Stone it should be good tho, if we forget a few of his previous films too ;)

VenomXt said:
this pisses me off.. people making money on terrorism...

Ever buy a morning paper, or catch the nightly news?

This is sick, I dont see how they can even think to do this. Hollywood has been such a big fat turd lately, and this just futher proves it. I will not goto to see this movie or rent it, I would illegally download it at the most.

news is allways news. Books yah but this this just seems wrong that why it pisses me off.

Electronic Punk said:
Read it a few times, no.

I guess he picking on Fahrenheit 9/11 for having a crappy name. :ermm:

ejn74 said:
That sounds about their pace. It wouldn't be so bad if the profits from it were to go the the vicitims of 9/11.
ya, profits to the victims would be a good idea

I can't stand nick cage and avoid his movies, I doubt I'll be seeing this one

ElementalDragon said:
hmm....... let's see....... what might the movie be called? well, they have been coming up with some crappy pointless titles for some movies. Might they call it Rescue 9/11?

I got it ED. Will Bill Shatner have a cameo?

Yeah, I got it Elemental...

I think a lot depends on how they handle it. If they do a crappy job or add insult to injury to the victims... :( There could be a possible way to handle this, that far from profiting on terrorism or on the sufferage of the victims; could pay respect to the courage of both the people who lived through this, as well as the rescue workers who responded, on call...

A lot would depend how it's handled and how the audience walks away feeling. There was more that occured that unfortunate day then the terrorist attack. Lets just say to that other side of things that if the terrorists thought to break the American spirit that day, they failed... It is this other side of things that might not be a bad story to have told; if it's handled properly with the up most of respect to the above mentioned people...

Time will tell about this one. If it's turned into a cheap popcorn flick that fails to show such respect, then :(

Yes, giving some of the proceeds to the victims families would be a nice gesture :up:

yeah. was thinking of Rescue 911 (for those who don't know, it is/was a show with William Shatner about different calls to 911 for medical emergencies and stuff, hence the name Rescue 911). didn't even remember Farenheit 9/11. never saw it..... and don't plan to.

Nicholas Cage isn't that bad. some of his movies i liked quite a lot (Face Off, Con Air, Gone in 60 seconds, don't really remember any other movies he was in offhand).

yeah I liked the movies you mentioned...mostly gone in 60 seconds.

I am sick of people making stupid **** out of 9/11. Its over and done with stop making money off it!

A stupid example but its like my go kart video. I still get people talking about it and its still spreading across the internet. Its old but people still talk about it. Same as my damn fire jump during spring break that i didnt make lol. I still get people at parties saying **** about it but sometimes i get a free beer or something lol.

Well I first think they should give any and all money after making back the costs to famlies etc of the people that have a tie to the events like the families etc.

Second we all pretty figure the first ain't going to happen and that it will in all likelyhood be a unfitting tirbute to the folks

I'm not surprised at this. I knew that a movie (or movies) would be made about 9/11 someday, I just didn't know how soon it would happen. 4 years later is probably a bit soon... I expected at least 10 years. Then again, Oliver Stone has never really been one to steer clear of controversy.

Nick Cage can be an Oscar-calibar performer, he just gets stuck with summer popcorn movies all too often (think National Treasure). If anyone has seen Adaptation though then you can see he's got talent.

The words Oliver Stone and documentary don't go well together. Most of his "Documentaries" are nothing but lies and garbage that he feels is true. Personally, I don't like the guy ..

Johnny said:
The words Oliver Stone and documentary don't go well together. Most of his "Documentaries" are nothing but lies and garbage that he feels is true. Personally, I don't like the guy ..

They aren't documentaries, they are feature films.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back