8800gtx

trainmaster77

OSNN Senior Addict
Political Access
i just purchased this card from tigerdirect.... be here tomorrow. Im crossing my fingers that it will work on the a8n32sli mobo. Im guessing any pciE card will work on pciE mobo's.

Congrats I just got the 8800GTS , yes the mobo should be ok , what about power supply what do you have ? That card needs 2 x 6 pin power connectors and a very solid power supply.

What power supply are you using?

Post specs and stability when you get it running.

Asus has some decent software util's to check things on the different rails. See how stable they are :)

damnit.... why is everyone else fulfilling my wants but me? lol. i may wait to get an 8800GTX until Vista is released and if i get the free copy of Vista Business from that little promo thingy a while ago. Probably gonna get an eVGA card when i do eventually buy one. can't help but love Step-Up.

Anyone else find it funny that his signature says "SLI till death".... yet he just purchased a single card. lol

damnit.... why is everyone else fulfilling my wants but me? lol. i may wait to get an 8800GTX until Vista is released and if i get the free copy of Vista Business from that little promo thingy a while ago. Probably gonna get an eVGA card when i do eventually buy one. can't help but love Step-Up.

Anyone else find it funny that his signature says "SLI till death".... yet he just purchased a single card. lol
Step-up ends 90 days after your card purchase. And no, i dont when the cards cost 500-600 bucks, i dont think any sane person would sli.

Plus he would need a MONSTER PSU to SLI 8800GTX's

INSANE ~~~

well.... then i guess you's don't visit Guru3D much? there's a couple people there if i remember correctly that have SLI'd 8800GTX's.

MaximumPC SLI'd 8800GTX's. See the latest issue.

maybe cause dood i was the firstt one in this forum to sport sli with 2 6800gt's

and i use soundblaster fatality card and im not sure i have the room for 2 of these cards and that. oh yeah ..i also said i wasnt gonna buy another processor until vista is released ... i got in on the free business thingy as well.

lastly ... powersupply = coolmax greenpower 1000watt

and by the time vista is offically released to the masses these 8800gtx's will be outmatched by say an 8850 or even an 8900.

so no i dont find it funny to say sli to death. ive had dual 6800, dual 7800, and eventually will have dual 8800 ...but only have one now ...but thats one more than you and theoretically ..the 8800gtx is 2 video cards in one anyway.

the new setup is simple ... 4 wd 150gig raptors in raid 0 (external case) 1 8800gtx (2 when vista is officially released and i find the correct mobo for this specific application) Soundblaster Fatality , Pioneer Elite 1080P plasma 50", Denon 4806CI, and last but not least ... a logitech harmony 890 remote to control it all.

I simply wish the 8800gtx had hdmi outputs supporting audio along the same stream ... because running toslink (fiber optic) from the soundblaster is compressed audio when you could really have multichannel uncompressed using hdmi.

1920x1080 is hardly pushing the 8800gtx ..especially in a media center setup ..but having the dell 2001fp set at 1600x1200 should be good enough for games ..(would never recommend playing computer games on a plasma ... at least not ones with meters and/or map areas that never move).

I am authorized to sell/install/use Lifeware to control the various functions of my home ... lighting, airconditioning, ip cameras ...ect ... but ya know ... i like to turn on lights with a switch and its pretty ez to turn up or down the ac/heat when necessary. the biggest benefit of such is that being away from my eye in the sky (48th floor) i can check in on every vital of my home when the media center with lifeware is initiated. can use it to watch my house cleaner takea shower too haha ..but i wouldnt do that.

Last edited:
I doubt that by the end of this month there will be a card from Nvidia that out does either the 8800GTS or GTX that might be in a year or so .

no..... i'm probably gonna say either around the time of R600..... or shortly thereafter. With Vista coming out with DX10 pre-installed..... they're gonna probably need lower-end DX10 cards on the market, and would probably be the ideal time to introduce a better card, or somewhere equal to it for slightly less.

I read a report that the R600 blows the doors off the 8800.

That was a fake review done by a bogus site, unfortunately there are no leaked benchmarks or anything yet for the R600.

And sheesh trainmaster77, was that like a ego boosting post or what? As of right now, dual 8800 GTS/GTX is overkill for pretty much anything. The only place you really need it are for poorly coded games that run like crap for how they look. Also, when nvidia finally gets decent drivers out for the 8800 series the performance will most likely go up a decent amount. I estimate by the time the R600 finally surfaces the performance via driver updates will magically go up 5 - 15%. Speaking of which, new drivers came out today for the 8800 series. 97.92. I have been waiting for some new drivers for like a month now...

http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=1547

no..... i'm probably gonna say either around the time of R600..... or shortly thereafter. With Vista coming out with DX10 pre-installed..... they're gonna probably need lower-end DX10 cards on the market, and would probably be the ideal time to introduce a better card, or somewhere equal to it for slightly less.

Have you seen how big a diff there is in performance with the 8800's its insane to say there will be a better card in a month is a joke, there will be faster cards for sure but not for 300$ and not before maybe 6 monthes or more this is not the fx5200 they launched here bud. lol

Last edited:
well.... the 8800's weren't just released last night.... so i don't doubt that more lower-end cards will come out soon. and i never said that a faster card would come out for $300. just said they may come out with another card that might be comparable to the GTX, but for a bit less.... like an in-betweener for the GTX and GTS.

and.... something i just noticed in your sig........ "OMGWTF---BFG---SAUCE!!"...... shouldn't that be BBQ?

Its exactly what he sticker says its like the one that says "MY BIG F'N GUN" they come with my videocard and a T-Shirt another one says 8800FTW

If anything there will be lower 8800 series card not in between the GTX and GTS if you ask me .

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

And sheesh trainmaster77, was that like a ego boosting post or what?

no ..not ego thing. I was just responding to the slight flame from dragon... poking fun at my SLI to death sig.

I agree totally with you that there is really no need for 2 8800gtx's ... well at least not yet ... but i can see say editing a ripped HDDVD or Blue Ray with Sony Vegas or something ... might come in useful. I dont know.

I've never flamed anyone here ... never plan on it. I don't like it when i see someone get flamed ..including myself.

Lastly ... I've been thinking about what exactly will be the outcome of the AMD/ATI conglomerate. The build quality of most ATI badged cards historically have almost always been better along with AMD. Lately though ... the AMD chips have slacked off. I've always liked the underdog brands. When i say that ..I mean the much less known ... usually much higher quality product ... mostly in fact that an up and coming company trying to impress and win marketshare can do very little but build a better product. I have to say ... it seems Intel has really spanked AMD this round while the very reason I grew to support AMD was the ability to find their chips in almost every Mom and Pop computer store... with no such thing as a minimum order quantity on the supplier level. There is no such thing as this anymore. BFG was the same way ..now they are even in Wal-Mart.

Again ..i think this is probably the last generation of Nvidia video cards ill buy .. and I sincerely hope that the outflow of new groundbreaking products from AMD/ATI will again surface first in Mom and Pop stores throughout surburbia ...where people like you and me (who have supported AMD since the beginning)can go talk to others about our experiences with the newest stuff. I doubt that will really happen ... but its always nice when the very people that helped get your historically superior product off the ground by word of mouth and the thrill of pushing the envelope or the risk of buring something up with a soldered jumper have first nabs at whatever the newest stuff is.

Ohhh, nice Lord. That'll go nicely together.

hmm credit application failed, probably cos I moved house recently. I'll save up for the stuff and let you know how it goes in a month or two :)

I should be able to get ~£1000 saved up in 2-3 months.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back