811493 XP Update

W

Waldo

Installed this update Saturday and completely trashed my system. Being too stupid to realize what caused it, I fired up Norton Ghost and put a good image back on my HD, then promptly went to Windows Update and trashed it again. Thank you Microsoft!

That was what was wrong I just did a clean install after a format ... not for any reason just because it was about time plus I had changed my video card ...and was finding my puter sluggish and yo and behold I saw this ... and yep I uninstall that pos update and zoomzoom its flying again ...... thanks for the heads up :D

Originally posted by Waldo
Installed this update Saturday and completely trashed my system. Being too stupid to realize what caused it, I fired up Norton Ghost and put a good image back on my HD, then promptly went to Windows Update and trashed it again. Thank you Microsoft!

i installed the 811493 XP update as well but thankfully no problems yet or slugish pc. i installed it the same day it came out on the updates page.

Yup, same here - 'puter updated it auto - an wee beastie has been runnin like a fart in a trance. Deleted it today an all is well with P4 (also disabled auto update download - will read each update with glasses on before downloading next time).

Many thanks for info!!!!!!!!!

Here's a new(?) link from langalist dated April 20, 2003:

http://www.microsoft.com/security/security_bulletins/ms03-013.asp

Which states in part:

More Information About This Update
If you restrict access between different users of your computer, you should install this update. If you are the only person who uses your computer, or if you do not use passwords or other measures to limit access to accounts on your computer, it is not important that you install this update.

U2Penn - ar you running an AV in the background (ie autoprotect) or running an AV at all? If not you will not see the decrease in speed.

I'm using Symantec AV Corp 8.0 on XP Home ... no slowdown here :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back